Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Challenge Card & my First Tri-Shuttle Card


Happy Sunday everyone!! Hope you're having a WONDERFUL day! It's actually pretty hot outside today here in NE Ohio ... so I'm staying inside and "playing around". Here are a couple creations I've come up with.




First is my card for the PCP Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets Group Challenge (hosted every Sunday by "yours truly"). Today we're doing BORDERS. What ever border you'd like to use ... punches, stamps, stickers ... as long as they are used along with your Crafty Secrets producs, they quality for the challenge! It's great fun ... please come play along!!





I chose to use the Crafty Secrets "Kitchen Classic" stamp set for my card today. There are actually "2" border stamps in this set ... this one & a cherry scalloped stamp. I've used Creative Memories red gingham designer paper. Stamped both images onto the designer paper as well as whisper white then cut out the designer paper pieces I wanted and adhered them to the white image. The sentiment stamp is not Crafty Secrets but I couldn't read who the mfg. was on the side ... sorry! I'm thinking of sending this card to a friend and inviting her out for lunch sometime next month after her kids are back to school and she can "breath" again, LOL!!




My second creation is my first attempt at the "Tri Shuttle" card. It's not fancy, but I'm happy with the outcome. I've seen these all over SCS and blogs but just hadn't taken the time to try it out ... figuring it would be "too hard" ... NOT SO ... these are relatively easy and look awesome when completed. HERE IS A LINK to the SCS tutorial if you'd like to give it a whirl!!
My winter scene is a stamp by Impression Obsession and the sentiment stamps are a 4-piece set by Hero Arts. The designer paper I've used is by Rusty Pickle with a base card of Real Red cardstock. I colored my image using SU watercolor pencils & blender pen. (please click for a closer look) I hope this card inspires you to give it a try!!
Thanks for stopping by today!! I'm headed back to the craftroom to see what trouble I can get into ... Oh don't worry, I'll share it with you!!! LOL!!! Have a GREAT day!!

6 comments:

  1. oooh this is so cool. I see these folds all over the place and have yet to try one. I may just have to to keep up with everyone else LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your cards. I tried making this card from the tutorial once but I didn't really like the way it came out, well I mean I had trouble figuring out how to decorate it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene both of your cards are GREAT!!! LOVE that tri shutter fold...I gotta give this a try, yours looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! I love your tri-shutter cards. I have yet to try making one of those, although I have the directions printed out and sitting on my craft table waiting for me! LOL! Love your sympathy cards and your car card too: thats such a great background texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Darlene! I love the colors you used on both, and one of these days I'm going to attempt this tri-shuttle card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoweee - both cards are way cool. The tri fold is really neat, but I think I like the campbells soup girl and apron card just cuz it reminds me of when I was a kid! Awwwww!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.