Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Color Throwdown #57




Time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! What do you think of this color combo?? My first thought was "baby card"! So that's exactly the direction I took. I personally don't have much need these days for baby cards but I'm sure someone in the family will ... so, here we go!!


I have used Bashful Blue, wasn't sure what Positively Pink was so I used Melon Mambo and for the Certainly Celery ... I thought this piece of Anna Griffin designer paper was "close enough". Due to the fact that this cute little rockin' horse was an RAK from my online friend Kay Squires (waving Hi to Kay) ... I don't know who makes it ... but if you know (or if Kay's out there) please let me know and I will edit this post. I've used SU watercolor pencils and blender pens for the coloring and Nestabilities Labels One for the layout/matting. The ribbon is double sided satin from Michael's and I've used my Bow Easy (which I purchased from Sharon Johnson's Ribbon Store) to make this perfect bow! I know it's hard to see, but I've used a Signo white pen and made little dots at the four corners of my main image. Pretty easy peasy ... but oh so cute!!



Thanks so much for stopping by today ... it means so much to me!! Hope you're having a wonderful day!! I'm having a few friends in to "PLAY" tomorrow so I'd better get my house cleaning started! LOL!!
*******
EDIT ... I just heard from Kay and this cute little image is "Stamps by Judith".

11 comments:

  1. So pretty Darlene!! Wow girl you rocked these colors...love the added bow and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so amazingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, this is a fun card! love the color combo and that image is fabby! Hey, I've left something fr you on my blog!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.stampsbyjudith.com/Stamp%20Numbers/M/stamp_numbers_M.htm

    Hi Dar! Here's a link to "Stamps by Judith" for the Pony Pull Toy stamp. Sorry I've been MIA - hubby had knee replacement surgery and I just got him home from hospital today. He's asleep in his "man corner" (recliner), resting well. PT starts tomorrow! Woo Hoo! Anywho - great job on your card! Color me happy that you are still enjoying the RAK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute...and your bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DARLENE!!! I LOVE this!!! The colors are perfect.. So beautiful!
    I have two nieces that are pregnant.. Babies around next Easter... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet baby card! I hope you have reason to use it soon! Love the bow and the image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is an adorable image! I love your layout and yes, that's just the most perfect bow!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Darlene!! And yes, that is indeed a perfect bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the challenge - thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.