Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Penny's Challenges


I discoverd a BRAND NEW Challenge blog today called Penny's Challenges and couldn't wait to get involved! Penny's first challenge is to use "Buttons". It's nearly time for bed but I just had to create something.




While stamping with some friends out in Indiana a couple weeks ago, my new friend Joan Fricker (Joan's Gardens) was kind enough to let stamp off a few images from some of her sets. These little birds are from the Penny Black Enjoy Life set (aren't they cute). I've used Stampin' Up watercolor pencils & blender pens for the coloring.





I used Nestabilities (rectangles) to cut the opening in the front of my card and the next size down to cut the bird image. Summer Sun cardstock was placed inside my Not Quite Navy base card before popping up my main image. The sentiment is by Art Impressions and in case you can't read it, it says: "A little birdie told me it was your birthday!" I achieved my BUTTON requirement by making them the centers of my Prima flowers. It's late & I'm tired so I didn't actually sew these buttons ... instead, I cheated and used a permanent (Sharpie) marker and drew a line between holes to mimic stitching ... hey, I thought it was a clever idea ... LOL!!!
In case you couldn't see the way the front of the card was cut out ... I've supplied a photo from a different angle. Of course you can always click on any of my photos for a closer look!
OH ... Did I mention that Penny also has blog candy up for grabs??? (NOTE POST ON SIDEBAR) PLEASE pop over and check out Penny's new blog ... I think it going to be a lot of fun ... ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE??? Thanks for stopping by today! Hope to see you back here again real soon!!

8 comments:

  1. I love your card, it's beautiful.

    I need some nestabilities, I hear they would work with my cuttlebug! Look at all the stuff you can do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - the colors and of course the image - its BIRDS!! And, I'm off to find it! You did such a great job coloring it too - it's just so cute!! I fixed my blog so you can follow - I'm really a goob sometimes - but I did find it and it is on there - thanks so much for asking. I have you on a feed so I do get the latest post. Take Care, and I haven't seem anything about Mark lately - hope all is well. I'm off to comment on the rest of the ones I missed in the past few days also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute card, i love the lovely colours.
    well done!
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know when to go to bed either ... my craft clock starts ticking away at it's best when I should be sleeping! Which is exactly what you've done here! I gotta try this marker idea on buttons - who knew!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors, birdies, and sweet flowers! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I love the image...but you know how much I love birds! What a great idea to put buttons in the centers of the primas too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Dar! I love the color combo you used and your creativity w/the nesties too. The button placement is perfect! Great submission for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful card! love the image and the striking colour combo and how you have used the buttons! fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.