Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Play Date Cafe Challege - PDCC09

Busy ... Busy ... Busy ...
just like everyone else during this last week prior to Christmas but I wanted to play along in The Play Date Cafe Challenge being hosted by my good friend Julie Campbell (A Vintage Chic). Check out this color combination!! Isn't it awesome!!! This is one that I would have never put together but it is so rich & elegant ... I'm glad Julie thought to use it!!


I still have several cards to make and get into the mail tomorrow so I decided to help myself out by printing wonderful vintage photos from the Clearly Vintage blog and used one of those images for today's challenge card. If you love vintage like I do ... please check out Cora's blog. And, she is so generous to share these beauties with all of us.

I have used SU Very Vanilla for the base card and icicles. The designer paper is from a holiday DCWV 12x12 pack. I have used metallic royal blue & gold to matt this sweet image and gold stickles to border. Though difficult to see in the photo (this is much prettier IRL), I have used a glue pen and fine glitter along the icicles and snow in the sky of the image. My only embellishment is the gold metallic elastic cording for my bow.

Like I said ... I'm trying to make quick cards since I'm running so far behind and these adorable images are perfect!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say hello! I hope you are enjoying time with friends and family during this holiday season ... making wonderful holiday memories and maybe you can share a few with us!! Happy Holidays everyone!!

10 comments:

  1. This is perfectly fabulous, Darlene! Love every bit of it! The icicles are a wonderful touch! So glad you could have the time to play this week--it IS busy, isn't it?! But a wonderful busy!!!

    I love you dearly and wish you the most magical, love-filled Christmas possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO Darlene this is beautiful, I LOVE how you used these colors!!!! Yeah its busy busy busy these days!!! Hope you had a great weekend girl!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene this is so beautiful!!! I love that icicle border with this wintery scene! An awesome card!!!

    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a yummy, scrummy card hun! Love that colour combo.
    If I don't speak before, please have yourself a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene perfect for a vintage card, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!.. this is BEAUTIFUL.. I love how you have captured the colors.. :) Thanks for playing with us at the cafe.. HUGS

    ~Check out the new free digital stamps on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene,
    Another beautiful card! Love the border and gold cording at the top..and that image is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene....CONGRATULATIONS on winning this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    Make sure you come by and pick up the badge for your blog and email your mailing address. Info on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow abeautiful card Darlene! Congrats on winning this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dsrlene,
    This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.