Thursday, December 17, 2009

Would you like to see ...

... how my livingroom is decorate for the holidays?

Here is the mantle over the fireplace in the livingroom! I keep it pretty simple with a few favorite pieces. The wreath I made several years ago and with the candycane lights it is just perfect. The Woodland Santa was a gift from my SIL/BIL the first year we were married and the "mouse" stocking hanger is from Mark's Mom. She gave it to us years ago and said that "every house needs a mouse"! I don't know why she said that, I don't particularly like mice in my kitchen but this little guy is harmless, sound asleep waiting for Santa and holding the stocking all ready for filling.

This "vintage" looking Christmas book was purchased just this summer while in Indiana visiting Joan Fricker (Joan's Gardens). I stayed an extra day and Joan, a close friend of hers & I went and did a little shopping. In the first shoppe I spotted this book and although I didn't particularly like the price ... I just had to have it! I knew exactly where it would go come holiday time and I'm so glad I made the purchase.

The back and spine binding look like leather and it has a magnetic consealed closure. You think it's a book ... but it's actually a box! Oooo, good place for a hidden Christmas gift!!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty book I can see why you had to have it. Your Open House looks wonderful - how fun! Looks like everyone had a great time! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does not surprise me Darlene that your home is decorated beautifully for Christmas, you are SO talented!

    It really is truly gorgeous hun, it's very warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Darlene! Love the pictures of your lovely holiday house! I need to snap some photos of mine and share, too!

    Sorry I haven't been to SCS yet...I'll get there today--I'm falling behind! I hate that! Too much going on lately, and I'm not good at getting ALL of it done at one time!

    Got my daughter home from college yesterday--SO happy she's back! SO wonderful to see all 3 of my girls catching up and just being silly together!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day, and I'll talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.