Friday, December 4, 2009

Time for Sharing ...

What a busy ... fun week I have had!!


Making cards with Girl Scout Troop 1393 in Green, Ohio on Wednesday afternoon was GREAT FUN and the girls were all so excited to take part in creating the two cards I came up with. Their favorite part of the card making was using the Puff Paint ... they all thought it was pretty cool looking when you hit it with the heat gun. Second favorite was using the Cuttlebug to emboss the background panel for their snowman card. I shared the cards we were going to create in an earlier post found HERE. Now here is a group photo of Troop 1393 ... what a lovely group of young ladies. I hope I get invited back again for more crafting fun.

And if that wasn't enough excitement, today was another crafting, fun-filled day, but this time it was with the "big kids"!! LOL!! Yes, today was my Holiday Get- Together with some stamping friends. It certainly gave me a good excuse to get my decorating done early and I'm thrilled with how the house looks this year. (I hope to share some photos of my decorations with you next week). Here's a group photo of the gang that came to play today:

(L-R: Kris Turner, Lana Edwards, Carol Smuts, Linda Davis, Carolyn Franjko [daughter], and Terri Snode)

Today was focused on just working on whatever you wanted to do ... Christmas cards, gift items, etc. Of course this group of ladies are alway good about bringing along items to share. Whether it be new Cuttlebug folders for the rest of us to run off for future projects ... images to share ... papers, stickers, chipboards, CHOCOLATE ... well, you get the picture!! The only thing I did ask them to bring was a Grab Bag item. It is always so much fun to draw names and pick out a prize ... it somehow brings out the KID in all of us!!!

Besides crafting the items we had brought along to work on, Lana & Kris each brought along a project for us to do! Lana created an adorable card and Kris had a Ghiradelli box.

At lunch time we came up from the "Crafting Cave" (as I like to call it since my craftroom is in the basement) and shared in some good food and even better fellowship & conversation before returning to all the crafting fun!! It always amazes me just how fast the time goes when you are enjoying yourself with friends ... this day certainly did FLY by!!

Thanks for stopping by today. I must apologize to you all for not being a very good blogger recently ... I hope to rectify that in the upcoming week!!

Please stop back tomorrow for the SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT CHALLENGE ... you're going to love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a wonderful and fun day. It was refreshing to get away from the everyday grind. These ladies are all so wonderful with great ideas. And as always your house looked amazing and you were an exceptional hostess. Thank you for including me! Love ya Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pictures of what looks like you had a wonderful time with everyone : )

    Those precious G. Scouts look ready and willing, which is pretty cool!

    Wish we lived closer Darlene, so we could craft together : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.