Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chalking with Penny ...

Good Morning Everyone!
Welcome to the 1st Wednesday of 2010!!

Today is the 1st challenge of the new year over at Penny's Challenges and today we are using CHALK. That's right ... get out those chalks that we all tend to forget about and get creative!!

First let me say that even though my creation looks like it is done in BLUE ... it is not!! It is PURPLE but my camera doesn't like hues of purple ... it generally always changes them to blue! Why you ask ... I haven't a clue! So with that in mind, please know my ribbon is PURPLE/WHITE gingham (Hobby Lobby) ... my background matting is deep PURPLE as are the Paper Studio Bubbleabilities!

The way I used CHALK on my creation is for the friends medallion. The Inkadinkado (round frames) image was stamped on white cardstock using Versamark then given color by using a cotton ball and purple EK Success chalk. My base card is Whisper White and the designer paper is Basic Grey Wisteria. Pretty easy-peasy but I'm very happy with the outcome!

For added inspiration, be sure to check out the creations by my co-team members listed below:

* Alison - Hairy Harry's Craft
* Boni - Bonibleaux Designs
* Kim - Memories in Thyme
* Cheryl - CherCroppin's Stamp Pad
* Alanna - Alanna's Spot in the World

Okay ... now it's your turn! Please join in on the fun and show us your CHALK creation by making a direct link to Mr. Linky over on the Penny's Challenge Blog. And, if you are uploading to other online galleries, please add the keyword PC20.

{Just a note ... have you seen Penny's new store blog??? Please check it out.}

5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Love it!!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Darlene...and whenever I photograph purples, they look blue! I can see the purple here, it's really lovely...love your different shapes, dp, and awesome gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely PURPLE and yellow creation, Darlene! I like your layout very much. I need to play with my chalks more. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! what a fantastic way to use chalk i will give it a try :) and my purple always turns to blue also *go figure* lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. It doesn't look blue on my monitor, it does look purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.