Monday, January 4, 2010

Challenge Fun ...

Well, here we are at the beginning of a New Year and I am READY TO GO!!!

Today I decided to play a couple of challenges that have caught my eye. My first card is for Challenge #61 over on Rosie Dee's Challenge Blog. This time around, it's a FREE CHOICE challenge ... what ever you want to do!! AND, ... since I still have more birthday cards to create for my aunt in Texas, I decided to use my new adorable Squigglefly image "Happy Birthday Sara". Isn't she a cutie patootie!!!

I have used Prismacolor Markers for coloring as well as chalk for the grass & clouds. The background paper I have used is DCWV Glitter Sweet ... other papers are Whisper White, Hot Pink cs, Lavendar Lace & YoYo Yellow. The balloon sentiment was created with a Nestabilities classic oval die and the sentiment is by Stampcraft. Embellishments are pink grosgrain ribbon, white curly ribbon, Crystal Effects (on small balloon) and lace border punch by SU.

I hope you like this card ... my aunt has several LITTLE Great Granddaughters who I'm sure will love this little gal!

****************

Another challenge blog that caught my eye recently is Winter Wonderland. How much fun is it to do Christmas cards all year long!! This year I really enjoyed doing my Christmas cards and was sad to have to put my Christmas goodies away ... WELL, now I don't have too!! However, for a little change up, they are incorporating color & sketch challenges this year. This week's colors are LIME ... CHERRY ... & CINNAMON.

For my creation I chose to use one of the TAGS which is a part of the 12x12 Christmas paper pack by Graphic45. My background paper is from My Mind's Eye and the Cinnamon cardstock is Bazzill. I've added lime ribbon from Hobby Lobby & red Stickles on the berries as my embellishments.

Please be sure to hop on over and check out this fun site. I can't wait to see what challenges they have in store for us in this new year! Oh yea, they're also looking to extend their DT ... details can be found on the link to the site I have provided! (I put my name into the pot ... keeping my fingers crossed!!)

Thanks for stopping by today! Stay warm ... and those of you in the SNOW BELT ... be careful out there!!! Happy Stamping!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to Winter Wonderland challenge blog, Darlene! I love it! I'm beginning to feel like I'm just following you and Julie around the Web like a little cyber puppy! :) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darlene what gorgeous cards! I love the elegance of the second card. Thanks for joining us at winter wonderland.
    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you go girl with those challenges!! :) Both of your cards are awesome!! I love that SF image and your bright pinks on the first!! I also love the elgant touches of your second one!! Fun times!! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Good luck with the DT try out hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Darlene, just perfect for our challenge at Winter Wonderland this week. thanks for joining us this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun, Darlene! Great cards--and I'll have to check out "Winter Wonderland"--not quite sure I'm ready to put Christmas away yet, either! Stay safe & cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are wonderful Dar, you go from totally adorable to beautifully elegant....you're awesome talented Lady!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful cards - such a contrast too! Thanks for joining in with us at Winter Wonderland.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Darlene! I love the bright happy colors you used for the birthday card.

    The Graphic45 paper is awesome and I just can't get enough of it. I can't wait to see their new spring line.

    One of the best highlights I had for 2009 was getting to meet you and the rest of the gang.
    I wish you the best new year ever!

    Hugs,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hello there Dar! I was dreading getting back into the swing of things, but not with my blog-hopping...LOL! I really did miss seeing your creations!

    LOVE your first card....it is just perfect for a birthday girl...so bright and colorful!

    And your second one....GORGEOUS!! It's funny, I put all my Christmas stamps away thinking I was done with them, but ya know what...it doesn't hurt to get some ready for this year, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Darlene, can't beleive you are doing Christmas again already !

    Thanks for joining the fun at Rosie D's this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the birthday card! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two such different cards. I love the bright colours of the first ... and the second - beautiful, traditional elegance!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card Darlene I love the sentiment really lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at WW hugs Pascale x

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 great cards.

    Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's.

    Hope to see you again soon.

    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.