Anyways, since it's too cold to do anything outdoors yet, I'm still spending lots of time in my crafting cave. So upsetting to me you know! NOT!! LOL! Today I combined the Crafty Secrets Challenge over on SCS ... which is to use different TEXTURES on your CS creation ... along with the TAG challenge at Joan's Gardens.
*Background designer paper is from the 8x8 October Afternoon 'The Thrift Store' paper pack (purchased at Joan's Gardens).
*Images are from the Crafty Secrets 'Sew Special' ClearArt stamp set.
*Ball fringe is from Webster's Pages (Joan's Gardens).
* Borders were created using Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch and SU Eyelet Lace punch.
*Tim Holtz Tea Die distress ink was used to distress the edges.
* Buttons from Bucket 'O Buttons
* Gingham ribbon from Michaels
* Rub-on stitching from Michaels
* * * * *Recently my sister asked me if I could help her create a "Signing Board" for her fiance's daughter who will be graduating from high school this year. Of course I was anxious to lend her a hand! Here is what we came up with . . .
(Some of the supplied for use consideration)
(Sister Linda looking over supplies and getting ideas formulated)
(Graduation Photo Collage I created in Word
to be used as the Focus Image)
(Final Creation)This was great fun to work on together and besides ... I 'owed' her a big favor since she was good enough to teach me how to 'cut my husband's hair'! Since Mark's cancer treatment, his hair is very fine and very straight. The barbers/ hairdressers all seem to want to make it look like he has more hair than he really does, so they don't cut it short enough and he's having to go get it cut every time he turns around. My sister, Linda, is a hairdresser and showed me how to handle the clipper so I can take care of keeping it looking nice for him. Thanks Lin!!
I do have a few cards to share with you ... but I'm sure you've 'seen enough from me today' ... so I'll save them for another time! Here's wishing you an wonderful day and AWESOME WEEK AHEAD!!