Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Are You Sure it's SPRINGTIME???

They said it was coming . . . but I didn't believe it!!  

While eating my lunch around 1:00 p.m. ... everything was quiet and 'getting green' outside.  THEN ... when I came up around 4:00 p.m. to start preparing dinner . . . look what had happened while I was busy creating Tissue Box Covers down in my crafting cave!


Can you believe this??  
It's very pretty and will probably disappear over the next 24-48 hours . . . but I am really ready for warmer temperatures and GREEN grass.  I've seen enough of the 'white fluffy stuff' for one winter!

Well, while I'm here let me share with you the Tissue Box Covers I made today.  My Aunt MaryJane is coming in next week from Texas and after seeing the vintage one I made (seen here),my mother requested I make one for her to give my Aunt.

 The designer paper used is K&Company and the images are from an ATC/ACEO Background Sheet at Nicecrane Design called  "Women's Painting Vol. II".  Prima flowers, Kaiser Pearls and Wright Lace were used as embellishments.

Since I have no idea what my Aunt's color scheme is in her home, I decided to make three sets and let my mother pick out the one she thinks she'd like.
 The designer paper used on this box is also K&Company and the images are the remaining four from the same sheet of Nicecrane Design images used on the first box.  I have used Wild Orchid roses and Sizzix die created leaves to adorn the top as well as a double butterfly created using the Martha Steward lacy butterfly punch.


This third box was created using Graphic45 designer paper (Domestic Goddess).  The images are also Graphic45 ... the reverse side of one of the sheets from the paper pack called 'Fashionista Collection'.

The top is adorned with Wild Orchid flowers and Zva Creative crystal swirls.  The lace around the lid is from Stampin' Up.   I have actually used three different dp patterns on this box.  Please feel free to click on any image to enlarge the photo for a closer look.


Edited to add link to directions for these lovely Tissue Box Covers.  They are REALLY EASY ... after all, I made THREE in only a couple of hours.  Let me know when you make yours ... I'd LOVE to come take a peek!

Well, it's bedtime and I'm sure hubby is wondering where I got off to!  Hope you've had a wonderful day/evening and I look forward to hearing from you.  Please take a moment and let me know if you are enjoying my blog ... or if I am 'driving you crazy' with postings!  I appreciate your honesty!


Hugs,
Darlene

6 comments:

  1. Hei, we have the same Spring Time in Russia always))) Now you have it too))
    Very nice boxes!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man - snow again??!! Ugh - we have yucky rain today..
    Loving these boxes hun, really pretty. Seems like you are still creating like crazy! Don't forget to take it easy sometimes! LOL
    Take care hun,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow was absolutely beautiful yesterday. Your second picture (the trees) is soooo pretty. You need to turn that into a post card set...all it needs is a snowman scooting around with Burl Ives voice. Seriously though...postcards. I enjoy your blog...you are an inspiration, don't change a thing :-)
    My pkg arrived, what a nice surprise...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, these are so pretty....I would have a difficult time picking a favorite. Where did you find the pattern? Your posts are very informative and love seeing your work...keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is INSANE!!! The boxes are way cool! I love the bottom one the best but they're all fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwww Darlene,,,, I haven´t seen these ones before,,,,,,wowww, I LOVE EVERYONE,,,,OMG,,,,,I love how you used the lace on the green box,,and pearls,,,,,

    And the way you placed the pictures (inclined) on your pink one,,,,,with these all butterlfies and roses,,,,,,,,,ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.