Friday, January 21, 2011

Joans Gardens Challenge #3

Hello Everyone!  Another snowy day in N.E. Ohio so I took the opportunity to play along in the challenge over at Joan's Gardens


Here are the guidelines for this week's challenge:

1.Make a box...any kind of box will work.....even an alter box (how about a box for your tags)
2. a flourish
3. a butterfly
4. Make a flower  (alright...if you can't make one use one you have purchased)

Be sure to pop over and check out the Explosion Box that Selma made ... it is AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL!   For my BOX ... I have chosen to make a Tissue Box Cover.  I've been wanting to make one of these for awhile now and Joan's challenge was the perfect opportunity!!  I have used the tutorial from SCS ... you can find it HERE.

(here's a photo of just the lid)
I've used Graphic45 (Le Romantique) designer paper, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Wild Orchid flowers and my flourishes are by Zva Creative.  All of which were purchased at Joan's Gardens.
(So much prettier IRL)
 I have used the Classic oval & Scallop Oval from Spellbinder for the opening on the lid.  I've also used the Martha Stewart 'branch' punch for the springs around the flowers.

If you've never tried one of these boxes ... NOW'S THE TIME to give it a try ... then enter Joan's challenge for a chance at a really awesome prize!  You can decorate these any way you like and for ANY occasion!  This one is going in my "poofy room" that is all decorated Victorian! 

Weekend's almost here!  Have a great one!  
Hugs,
Darlene

9 comments:

  1. what a fabulous tissue box cover, it looks so elegant, I must have a go at making one.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Love your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow hun this is just stunning beautiful hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is way to pretty for tissues AND my bathroom - lol - but is sure is gorgeous!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my,,, oh my,,,,Darlene,,,,,absolutely incredible,,,, i adore all vintage,,,,,,,love it,,, love it,,, thanks for sharing,,,, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My goodness, this is a Victorian beauty!!! Those papers are beautiful, and the flowers, branches, flourishes and little curly-Q's all look amazing! I made my first tissue box for this challenge too, and soon I'll be making more - for sure!! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous box, Darlene! You really went above and beyond for that challenge. I'll have to give the tutorial a try. I think tissue boxes would be perfect winter teacher gifts, along with some hand lotion and throat drops. Thanks, as always, for the inspiration!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love that paper and all your details. I have been meaning to make some of the tissue box covers since the tutorial on SCS. Just add it to my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful Darlene, what a romantic tissue box, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.