Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tri-Shutter Tutorial

Happy Weekend Everyone!

I know several of you are familiar with the Tri-Shutter Fold card and like myself, most of you have probably found the directions over on Splitcoast Stamper.  BUT ... I have had several requests for it and since there are folks who don't belong to SCS ... I thought I'd share it here on my blog with you. 

I have made several of this type of card for this fall's craftshow ... it always carries that WOW! factor.

LET'S GET STARTED!
You can created TWO Tri-Shutter cards from
ONE 12x12 sheet of cardstock
(at least 80# weight or more is best for this style).  

For your base you will need to cut your 12 x 12 paper
at 5-1/2" x 12".
Then with your 12" length across your Scor Pal,  
score down at 2", 4", 8", 10".

Next you will need to TURN your paper,
and 1-1/2" in from each side you will CUT 
between the 2" & 10" Score Lines.

(HINT:  I score my line first ... then use my craft knife and cut down through the score line.)

Now accordion fold your score lines ...
REVERSE the fold on the middle panel ...
It will look like this, looking DOWN on it ...


Now it's time to choose & cut your design panels.
 (HINT:  I have made myself a template and marked the dimensions for the inside panels on each section ... that way I don't have to read over again & again from my notes or remeasure each time.)

I had a friend (waving Hi  to Bette!) ask me about the tri-shutter card I made for the guys with fishing as the theme ... so, that is the one I will showcase for you today.  (Keeping in mind my tutorial shows BLUE cardstock as the base but that was only because the color would show up on camera better than white.)

(Fishing embellishments are from Archiver's)

So there you have it!
These are so easy to make and SO MUCH FUN!  You'll be hooked on them (like me!) in no time at all!  LOL!!  Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and if you make one, please let me know ... I'D LOVE TO SEE IT!

Have a fabulous weekend!
HUGS
Darlene

8 comments:

  1. fabulous clear instructions Darlene, thanks so much for sharing

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene!
    Thanks so much for the GREAT TUTORIAL and the encouragement you give us to try something new.
    Your tutorial is easily understood and will be fun to try!
    Hugs!
    BH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Darlene, here am I waiting for silicone glue to dry and up pops this great tutorial. Its fantastic, so thankyou for that. Can you do it taller than 5.5" do you think??. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene,
    I love the tutorial thank you!!!! Now to get myself busy and make one LOL. I love the fishing one it turned out really cute!!!! I am still thinking through our next challenge LOL LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Darlene,
    Love this, have to try this. Great instructions, easy to understand. I enjoy all your posts so very much.
    Darlene J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tutorial! Love your masculine fish embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh brilliant tutorial Hun,so clear too and as for the finished,card its simply stunning beautifully designs,and wonderful papers,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice...im going to try that to...very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.