Monday, October 7, 2013

SFC4013 - Squigglefly Challenge

Sorry for double posting this morning ... that happens something when my DTs overlap.
Please scroll down for the new LINKY PARTY at CRAFTY SECRETS.

It's time for another fun challenge at Squigglefly.  
This week's challenge is (as my title suggests)

ORANGE BLISS

and is showcasing creations by Holley's Hobbyists (of which I am one! LOL!)

How funny is this image!  
That's the kind of thing that would happen to me if I were a witch (which I am not of course!)
Today I chose to combine images from two talented artists.  This fun 'Witch in Pole' image is by Pamela Lehto and the 'Halloween Broom Ride' sentiment is by Charlene Mitchell.  Be sure to pop on over to the Squigglefly store and check out ALL the amazing images available by these two ladies and many other artists!
Speaking of artists, I want to welcome two new artists to the Squigglefly team ... a husband and wife team - Carmen and Graham Gamble. 

I paired up two OLD DCWV Halloween design papers for my background.  And made my flower with the left over cardstock from my base card and used a couple punches and Stickles (listed below).

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!  I must admit, ORANGE is NOT one of my 'go to' colors so this was a real challenge for me ... but with these awesome images to play with, it made it easier!

A few additional challenges:

As always  . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  Neon Orange cs, DCWV Halloween dp
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, xPress It foam mounting tape, Orange Peel Stickles, Fiskars swivel craft knife, Gold Stickles, McGill 'Star Flower Paper Blossoms' P/N 64005L punch, PunchBunch 'Big Sky' punch

10 comments:

  1. I just love all the bright colors on this card. You did a fantastic job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your image, I have one very similar and it just makes you laugh. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Hobbycutz.
    Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love the wonderful background you created for the funny image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, love that image and your coloring is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, so funny...I wonder if she was "texting" while flying..or maybe that is "hexing"...LOL...a great card as usual...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, Darlene! It's nice to see you playing with us this week! I love Diane's comment about texting or hexing, LOL!!! AND her hat is fabulous! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene I love how you used the papers in the background - wonderful choices! You have just the right amount of glitter too! Really fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is really fun! Love the image, the sentiment, and the papers. Thanks for joining the Halloween challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint. Julie, CIP DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene,
    Your card is so very adorable and just made me laugh out loud - I love it!! I will be getting this image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Thanks for joining in our "Halloween" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.