Sunday, November 3, 2013

FABULOUS Craft Show ... QUICHE Recipe and a HUGE THANKS!

Happy Sunday Afternoon My Friends!

WOW!  What an amazing craft show yesterday!
As I shared in my last post, I made the decision to donate all my proceeds from yesterday's show to my granddaughter, Morgan's Christmas Teddy Bear Drive for Akron Children's Hospital.  She needs 400 teddy bears to be handed out to the children on Christmas Eve.
(More information about this cause can be seen on FB ... here's the link.)

This was my table set up for the show ... lots of goodies to be purchased!

 One of my big sellers yesterday were my Tissue Box Covers.  You can see a tutorial on this wonderful project on my blog post HERE.

I had a variety of themes for this show:
Christmas ... Breast Cancer ... Dogs ... Cats ... Monkeys ... Horses ... Music ... Sports ... Baby ... Dancing ... Kitchen ... to name just a few!

Yesterday, A VARIETY sold ... no one theme in particular!


On this end of my table, I shared a few new items this year.  My BIGGEST SELLER were my Hershey Nugget Boxes ... 8 nuggets in each box. (Here are past posts about this project ... HERE and HERE.)  I had made 66 and came back home with only 6!  I could have sold more if I had made more Christmas theme.   Half of what I made were for Christmas but they sold out fast ... I also had some stamped for "Teacher's Treat" and others that were everyday!

This year I decided to put all my novelty items on the FRONT table and my cases of cards on the SIDE table.

I'm always amazed at the fact that I have 'repeat' customers come back for my cards every year and their comments are so heart warming!

I also had Tags, Kleenex Travel Pack holders (tutorial post HERE), Kids Kard Kits, Bargain Bag (older cards from my stash that I sold 10 cards for $5 ... sight unseen), Hershey Bar Pouches [ANOTHER BIG SELLER ... sold out ... 22 made].

WOW!  Like I said ... it was a FABULOUS DAY!
Now, are you ready to hear how much money we made to go towards buying bears for the 
Christmas Teddy Bear Drive???

*** DRUM ROLL PLEASE ***

$550.00

Can you believe that!  How wonderful ... people opened their hearts and their wallets for this cause and I (we) can't thank them enough!  This will truly help put a dent in the need for 400 bears!  WOW!  I am still in shock ... what a blessing!!!  God Bless You All!!

On another subject ...
The other day I shared this photo of the awesome Quiche my hubby made us for dinner (I was busy crafting for the show ... no time to cook ... LOL).  Well, I've had several requests for the recipe and since he kind of MADE IT UP using a couple other recipes and ideas of his own, it took him a little time to put it down on paper.  Since he was 'home alone' yesterday, he got it put together for me and I'd like to share it with you!

Easy “Cleaning Out the Refrigerator” Quiche

I used a combination of cauliflower and broccoli florets, red onion, mushrooms and bacon, as well as, a combination of shredded provolone-mozzarella and shredded cheddar cheese because that was what was in the refrigerator.  But any combination of veggies and cheeses (swiss, cheddar, gruyere) should work just as well, pick what you like.

Ingredients:
Cauliflower and broccoli florets (approx. 4 cups)
8 slices bacon (approx. 6 ounces)
4 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
Chopped red onion (approx. 1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups of milk
1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese
4 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Briefly steam the cauliflower and broccoli (approx.1 to 2 minutes) and set aside to dry.
Fry the bacon until just crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Sauté the red onions and mushrooms in the bacon drippings until the onions are tender and the mushrooms start to brown.  Add the garlic and remove from heat, cool slightly.
Brush a 9-inch glass pie pan with the butter and sprinkle evenly with the grated Parmesan.
Arrange the cauliflower and broccoli in the bottom of pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.  There should be enough to cover the entire bottom.
Layer the red onions and mushrooms on top of the cauliflower and broccoli and top with the crumbled bacon. 
In a large glass measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs and season with salt, and pepper to taste. Blend in the shredded cheese and pour the mixture over the fillings.  Shake the pan as needed to ensure that the custard mixture is evenly distributed,
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until the quiche is just set in the center and the top is golden brown.  ENJOY!

So there ya have it!
Thanks so much for stopping by today ... hope you're enjoying your weekend and again
THANK YOU
to anyone and all who are helping provide teddy bears for the children of Akron Children's Hospital this year!
As always ...

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Dar!!! But is doesn't surprise me at all you sold so much, you have such beautiful things!! Thanks for the quiche recipe too...will do it for sure..yum!! Of course I would much rather come and eat it at your house...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Come On Down" ... there's always room for another plate on the table!!

      Delete
  2. What a lot of work you did for this show! Well done, you! And thanks for the recipe! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and your granddaughters beautiful cause:) Your table looked awesome!

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.