Monday, November 4, 2013

SFC4413 - Hip To Be Square

Hello my friends ... I'm back once again to share with you the new challenge over at Squigglefly!

(Please scroll down for the November Crafty Secrets Linky Party-DT Challenge)

Today it's the Hobbyist turn to share fun & inspiration with you so please be sure to pop over and see what my team mates have created for you!  And then, of course, come join in the fun!


For my card I have combined two images together in Word10 to create my focus/sentiment image.  The adorable Christmas Fairy is by Cheryl Grant Alger and this awesome sentiment called Elf Food is by a new to the group artists - Carmen Gamble.  Please be sure to check out the amazing images these ladies have for sale over at Squigglefly.  I'm sure you'll find something to fit your card making needs!

For my background, I have actually pulled some scraps from my worktable.  As you know I've spent the past couple of weeks working on craft show projects.  My 2nd show was this past Saturday ... was an AWESOME show!  And my last show for the year is on the 30th.

I've used the largest die in the Spellbinder  'Fleur De Lis Squares' die set for the backing on my focus image.  Coloring was done with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and the icicles were created with the Martha Stewart icicle border punch.

I'm really pleased with the outcome of this card and hope you like it too!

A few additional challenges are:
TokBobok #6 - Christmas
Bloggers Challenge - Things with Wings
Brown Sugar Challenge - Things with Wings
Card Crafter's Circle #99 - Cute Cards
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes Christmas

Thanks so much for stopping by today and PLEASE come back again soon.
As always ...

16 comments:

  1. This card is just delightful. I love how you cut out the fairy. Gorgeous work. Wonderful Squigglefly card this week. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun Darlene! Love the gold dp - it just sets everything off perfectly and you have coloured Cheryl's image so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card she is so cute, thanks for joining us this week at brown sugar and good luck
    caroline dt brown sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image! It is perfect over that super fun sentiment! I love those same food groups! LOL! Wonderful card my friend. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, love the super cute angel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little fairy and that adorable sentiment are the perfect match!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene I'm glad you had a good show and I hope your next one does just as well! This card is so doggone cute! I love the extra touches you did with the embossed snowflakes at the bottom and the icicle border. Great pairing of images too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO sweet : ) Love the darling angel! Love the pretty die behind your image. So glad your show went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is dripping with sweetness! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card...and sweet image too (I love Cheryl's work). That sentiment is very cute too. I love the colours your used on your card and the way the image is cut out off the edge. Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck.
    Lynn, DT Member BSCB
    http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Can't get much cuter than this!!! Love it!! Awesome coloring! Love the image!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog*

    ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this!! It's so cute and I love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles! HUgsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene,
    Cute, cute - cute! Your coloring is awesome and the card made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely card. The image is very sweet! Regards, TokBobok

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a joyful and fun card! Love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC. Hugz, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.