Friday, November 8, 2013

WOW! What a challenge!!!

Hello my friends ... can you believe it's FRIDAY again already?
Where is the time going?

Anyways ... before I run out of time, 
I wanted to play along in the new PaperCrafter's Corner Magazine Monday Challenge.
Check out the magazine cover inspiration for this week ...

Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazine Mondays-Week Twenty-Nine Inspiration Piece (image)

WOW!  What grabbed your eye first?
THAT is typically how I play this fun challenge (won't you come join us???).

The first thing to catch my eye is the cover in the bottom right corner ...
The colors ... the butterfly ...
So, with that in mind, I reached for my ALCOHOL INKS and got busy!


I wish you could see this IRL ... it is SO PRETTY!
The alcohol inks have been applied to GLOSSY paper so they have such a beautiful shine to them.
For the butterflies I 'patted' the inks onto the paper and for my background (using the same applicator filled with the various inks) I 'swirled' across the paper.

It has been so long since I've played with my alcohol inks ... this was the PERFECT opportunity to blow the dust off and play!

I do hope you'll come join in this challenge.  
It is a TRUE INSPIRATION to see all the different and amazing creations this fun group comes up with using the exact same magazine cover.  AND for me, it's a plus because it truly makes me THINK about doing something different and as unique (hopefully) as the magazine covers themselves.

Have a great day ... and a fabulous weekend ahead!
As always ...
Thanks so much for stopping by and ...



Papers:  white cs, glossy white cs, black cs
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks (Stream, Wild Plum, Butterscotch), Tim Holtz applicator with felt pads, Spellbinder Nestabilities 'Fleur De Lis Squares', Cheery Lynn Designs (DL161) Small Lace Faerie Queen w/Angel Wing die, purple gem, scallop decorative scissors



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Dar and it looks like you nailed it once again....I used to use my alcohol inks a lot, but like you need to blow the dust off them and put then to use...thanks for reminding me and inspiring me once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I liked the butterfly best too. These look so pretty and delicate, like they could just about fly away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dar! how nice to see you and thanks so much for stopping by. time just gets away from me. this is absolutely gorgeous! but then... you know that i think EVERYTHING you do is gorgeous!

    enjoy raking those leaves. i'm getting ready to hunker down for the winter - UGH!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.