Sunday, March 30, 2014

Our Beautiful World



Happy Sunday my friends!

Morgan Franjko
First of all I'd like to start out by saying 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN!
Our beautiful granddaughter turns 22 today ... seems like only yesterday when she was born!
Where does the time go??











Unfortunately she sick in bed with the flu that everyone seems to have these days with this crazy weather!  BUT, we are all planning to get together on Tuesday when the weather is actually supposed to be in the 60s (snow and 20s today) to celebrate with her!  Get better sweetie!

* * * * * * * * * * 
I don't have a card to share with you today ... but rather, something a little different!  
There is a website called OUR BEAUTIFUL WORLD and their 'challenge' is more about showcasing a THEME then you upload photos you have taken that fit that theme.  And, it's fascinating to see photos from all over the world and sometimes the unique interpretations too!

This week's theme is BLOOMS!  
The photos the design team have inspired us with are fabulous and I can't wait to see what other amazing photos of BLOOMS are entered.  With loving flowers as I do, I have several different photos that would fit this 'challenge' but the first one that popped into my head is a photo I took last spring when our 100+ year old crab apple was in bloom.  
It is SO OLD, SO BIG and SO GORGEOUS every spring!!


We had such a WET spring last year that his beautiful tree actually start having a lot of branches dieing off.  We were concerned so had a tree service come in for a diagnosis.
Turns out it had Fire Blight and we spent a lot of money to have it treated in hopes of saving this beauty!  Time will tell us if it took care of the problem and hopefully, she'll be in full bloomin' beauty again this spring!  Hubby and I both would sure hate to loose this fabulous tree!

 Here's another spring bloomer that I'm looking forward to seeing again this spring.  COLUMBINE

These self seeders have pretty much taken over the small bed below my living room windows.  As you see, they come in various colors (truth be told I only planted the purple ones!) ... Mother Nature took over from there!

And how about the beautiful color of this AZALEA.  

I don't have the best of luck with Azaleas, don't really have a good location for them, but this one seems to be pretty happy and this was it's second year.  We'll see how it does this year ... hopefully it has settled in and gets the proper lighting it requires.

Well that's it for me today!
The day is flying by (again) and I still have a long list of crafting items I had hoped to get completed today!

Take care ... 
Tell those around you how much you LOVE them ...
You never know when it might be your last chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.