Thursday, March 20, 2014

Welcome Home!

Good Morning my Friends!
One thing I noticed I did NOT have in my stash of cards for the upcoming craft show 
on Saturday, were any cards pertaining to 'new home', 'homecoming', etc.  
So I got busy die cutting, sponging and created this little scene.


One of the challenges I had in mind when creating this card is this week's challenge at Classy Cards n Such called 'Flutterbys'!  You are to use birds and/or butterflies ... I decided to use both.  You also MUST use product carried at their store and on today's card I have used the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Ivy Corner Flourish' which was purchased at CCNS.


My sponged background was really quite easy to create and I LOVE how it looks!
Here's how I did it if you'd like to give it a try ...
On a 4x6 piece of white cardstock, I placed a couple of large post-it notes to use as my masking line between grass & sky.  I first sponged on Color Box 'Rose Coral' ink in a circular motion ... next I used Tim Holtz 'broken china' and lastly around the outside edge TH 'stormy sky'.  Removed the post-it notes and sponged the grassy area with Memento 'bamboo leaves'.

The grass die cut was a scrap laying on my work table so I simply adhered it on the line between the sky and green sponged area.  The house and gold finch dies were brand new and first time used ... what fun!

A few other challenges I'd like to share in are:
Craft a Scene March Challenge - Let it be Spring!
Card Mania #42 - Something New
Lexi's Creations #112 - Punches and Dies
The Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes

I must admit I had a good time playing with inks & dies today ...
I hope whatever you're doing today, you enjoy your day as well!
Thanks for stopping by today.

Recipe:
Papers:  white cs, olive green cs, brown cs, goldenrod cs
Inks:  Memento 'bamboo leaves', Color Box 'rose coral', Tim Holtz 'broken china', 'stormy sky'
Accessories:  large sponge daubers, MS butterfly punch, Memory Box 'gold finch' #98756, Memory Box 'village house' #98594, Joy Crafts 'grass' #0137, Cheery Lynn Designs 'ivy corner flourish' #B315. MS 'ivy border punch'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.