Thursday, March 20, 2014

Welcome Home!

Good Morning my Friends!
One thing I noticed I did NOT have in my stash of cards for the upcoming craft show 
on Saturday, were any cards pertaining to 'new home', 'homecoming', etc.  
So I got busy die cutting, sponging and created this little scene.


One of the challenges I had in mind when creating this card is this week's challenge at Classy Cards n Such called 'Flutterbys'!  You are to use birds and/or butterflies ... I decided to use both.  You also MUST use product carried at their store and on today's card I have used the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Ivy Corner Flourish' which was purchased at CCNS.


My sponged background was really quite easy to create and I LOVE how it looks!
Here's how I did it if you'd like to give it a try ...
On a 4x6 piece of white cardstock, I placed a couple of large post-it notes to use as my masking line between grass & sky.  I first sponged on Color Box 'Rose Coral' ink in a circular motion ... next I used Tim Holtz 'broken china' and lastly around the outside edge TH 'stormy sky'.  Removed the post-it notes and sponged the grassy area with Memento 'bamboo leaves'.

The grass die cut was a scrap laying on my work table so I simply adhered it on the line between the sky and green sponged area.  The house and gold finch dies were brand new and first time used ... what fun!

A few other challenges I'd like to share in are:
Craft a Scene March Challenge - Let it be Spring!
Card Mania #42 - Something New
Lexi's Creations #112 - Punches and Dies
The Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes

I must admit I had a good time playing with inks & dies today ...
I hope whatever you're doing today, you enjoy your day as well!
Thanks for stopping by today.

Recipe:
Papers:  white cs, olive green cs, brown cs, goldenrod cs
Inks:  Memento 'bamboo leaves', Color Box 'rose coral', Tim Holtz 'broken china', 'stormy sky'
Accessories:  large sponge daubers, MS butterfly punch, Memory Box 'gold finch' #98756, Memory Box 'village house' #98594, Joy Crafts 'grass' #0137, Cheery Lynn Designs 'ivy corner flourish' #B315. MS 'ivy border punch'

12 comments:

  1. Wonderfully creative scene...LOVE your house die...putting it on my list for sure!! Lots of lovely details to admire....thank you for joining us this week at Classy Cards 'n Such for our "flutterby" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little house and your sponged bkgd turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great new home card and spring scene. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this scene! Your background is beautiful, and I love the house, the butterflies, and the birds. The green ivy looks great with this scene! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole concept of your card is wonderful! I love you combined the background sponged colors to the house and the "flutterbys". What a great card for someone! Thanks for entering your card at Classy Cards 'n Such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and how you have created the leaf border - very clever. Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful welcome card! Hope your craft show goes well! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Great idea for a new home or homecoming. Thanks for joining us for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative. Thank you for joining crafty bloggers network challenge and good luck.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful card - lovely scene - thanks for joining us at craft a scene this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene what a fab scene you have created. Thanks for sharing with us at Lexis, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene this card is stunning! Such a pretty card to welcome someone into their new home. I love your background too!! TFS!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    ♥ Shop 3 Twenty Crafts ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene