Wednesday, April 30, 2014

On the Runway ...

. . . is the theme for the current challenge at Frilly & Funkie!

Hello Everyone!
Today I'm taking off my design team hat and doing a little card making/challenge playing for ME!
A good friend of mine from Illinois (waving Hi to Bette) suggested I play along in this challenge (does she know my style favorites or what! lol) so I got busy and this is what I came up with  . . .

OMGosh I had so much fun putting this card together!
I've used some items I've rarely or NEVER used before and LOVE the outcome!

For instance:
I've just recently gotten hooked on using STENCILS ... what a fun way to create your own background or coordinating accent as I have done here with the new Memory Box 'Modern Dressmaker' Style #88562 stencil!

See the buttons?  I haven't used button's on my cards in years ... makes them difficult to mail so I shy away from them ... but they were absolutely NECESSARY on this card!  LOL!

My ribbon spool, tape measure & sewing machine tag are from the Crafty Secrets Digital Sewing Papers file.  The narrow black satin ribbon I wrapped around the spool came from a holiday blouse I bought for our last years Christmas party ... you know, those pieces they add inside your blouse to help it from falling off the hanger!

How about my background paper ... do you see what it is?  It entire sheet is corrugated on one side and flat on the other.  It comes from a 6x6 DCWV corrugated paper pack that comes in muted colors ... I thought this shade was perfect for today's creation. Though hard to see, the black border is actually self adhesive LACE that I found on one of my trips to Joan's Gardens in Indiana. 

Last but not least, my beautiful vintage focus image comes from the Graphic45 'Fashionista' Collection.  A little edge distressing and TH vintage photo sponging was all this image needed to 'fit the bill' for today's runway creation!

Here are a few other challenges I'd love to share in:
613 Avenue Create #69 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
It's always such a pleasure to have you visit!
Till next time ...

18 comments:

  1. Darlene, your card is so pretty. Love all the details and your stencil background is a nice way to start your card. Love the corrugated paper too.
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just perfect! I love the image you chose to work with and all the layers and elements are just wonderful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this, Dar! The color palette is gloriously vintage and all your special additions really make it sing. I'm a huge fan of the Funkie Junkie challenges, but like you, I haven't had a chance to play in far too long. Love wat you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene
    I had so much fun reading your description of your wonderful card and then looking at it here and there to see all the wonderful embellies you added! Love it! Hugs from New York ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Dar...I love the dress makers form...I have a collection of them (in stamp/die form only..lol) so loved seeing it here. Lots of lovely details that all scream "vintage" so well...LOVE it...yah to Bette!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love this Darlene! Anything Vintage and sewing themed is always a big hit with me. Great embellishments and details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The ones I have fun with always come together better. It shows in all the small details in this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this card is so cool! Your design is over-the-top fabulous. What a great grouping of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card, Darlene! So much texture and dimension, and the buttons add the perfect finishing touch. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant, I love it. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD and we hope to see you again next week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab vintage beauty with sewing theme...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother was a seamstress and she would have adored your card! Very creative, and I am glad you shared it with TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow stunning card, awesome detail and distressing, thanks for sharing with us at Bunny Zoe's, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This us truly gorgeous. Love your vintage design and everything about it. Thanks for joining our Challenge last week in my neighborhood---613 Avenue Create! Please join us again for another wonderful Challenge beginning today. Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased to see you stencilling and using different products to create this beautiful collage Darlene. It has produced the most fabulous results! Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work, Darlene. So love the vintage feel. It's perfectly monochromatic but I'm afraid I'll have to delete it from the Aurora Wings Challenge as it does not have a hand colored rubber or digi stamp. So sorry, but it's a rule and we are trying to be fair to all. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely. It is funny how vintage sewing notches are becoming. I really love all the notches that you have used.

    Thanks for joining our girly challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - just gorgeous! Love your distressed papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene