Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Sweet Signs of Spring!

Hello Friends!
As my post title suggests, the sweet signs of Spring are finally starting to be seen & heard here in Akron, Ohio!  YAY!!

One of my favorite creatures in all the world to watch are butterflies.
They are so delicate looking and so attentive to their pollination duties.
So today's card is based around the beautiful butterfly.


I had a couple of challenges in mind when designing today's card and one of them was the 'Think Spring' Challenge at the Impression Obsession Blog.  
This beautiful Impression Obsession 'Fancy Butterfly' die set was perfect for a technique I spotted while blog hopping (as soon as I remember where I saw it I'll come back and give credit) and wanted to give a try.  I LOVE how this card came together.  

This die set is two parts ... a solid panel and a 'decorative cut out' panel ... so you can layer your butterfly.

For this technique:
  • I die cut two butterflies on my focus forward panel
  • positioned 'scraps' of pattern paper behind my cut out
  • and adhered my ' decorative cutout' butterfly on top of the pattern paper but just in the center so the wings would have dimension.









I also added a touch of sparkle to the middle and wing tips ... so pretty IRL.

The other challenge I had in mind when creating this card is for the current Butterfly Challenge - "P is for Pattern Paper" + a Butterfly of course.  

The pattern paper I used behind the white butterflies is K&Co.  The pattern paper I used as my mat came from my scrap drawer and don't recall who the mfg. was.  But it was purple and green so worked perfectly with my K&Co scrap pieces.

A little sponging of Tim Holtz 'Dusty Concord', Kaiser pearls, a sentiment from the Close to My Heart 'Butterfly Kiss' stamp set and this card was complete!

Other challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Things with Wings
 DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #13 - Anything Goes using Scrapy Land Dies (Impression Obsession)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you'll give this quick, easy and awesome technique a try!
As always ...

UPDATE

Here are two more cards using the same technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.