Saturday, May 30, 2015

A "Splash" of Color ...

Hi everyone and happy Saturday!  
Today I am thrilled and honored to have been asked by Jo of Jo's Scrap Shack to be a guest designer on her blog!  If you're not familiar with Jo's blog, please pop over and check it out.  She has something going on all the time and a challenge too!  Doing her challenge is where I met Jo and she has been such a voice of encouragement to me!  Thanks Jo for this wonderful opportunity!!
Now, please let me show you what I have created especially for you.


I just love making homemade flowers and my favorite design style is vintage.  So, for today's card, I've combined these two favorites!  There are so many adorable vintage images available to create with and I think this sweet girl is just precious.  Since the image is in sepia tone I wanted to give her a POP of COLOR with my homemade flowers.  
This is so easy to do with all the flower making dies available.   Today I've chosen 4 different dies from Spellbinder D'lites and a variety of ink.  I'm using Spellbinder dies 'Blossom One', 'Blossom Two', 'Blossom Three' and 'Blossom Four' along with various colors of Stampin' Up and Tim Holtz distress inks.  I prefer using large sponge daubers for each of the different color shades.

  Here are the various flowers I colored and created for my card.  I've actually combined pieces from some of one die set with another die set to create a unique flower of my own.


To tie my kaleidoscope of flower colors together in my design, I used the excess on my sponge daubers to color the paper doily (behind my image), a white butterfly, as well as the outside edge of my base card which is 5x7 in size  (see photos).


By die cutting larger flourishes then cutting them into various pieces, I was able to add even more dimension to my floral cluster in just a matter of minutes.

So there you have it!  Get those floral die cuts out ... cut them in white ... then add what ever combination of color you want to them.  I like to make several different kinds and keep them in a clear box so I have them available for those times when I'm rushed.

Thanks so much to Jo for the honor of Guest Designing on her blog today!

Challenges to share in:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
Frilly and Funky Challenge - Happy, Happy, Happy (happy to make flowers & use vintage design)
Inspiration Destination Challenge - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter Challenge - Flower Power
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge - May Blossoms and Butterflies
Inky Chicks Challenge - Pearls
Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by today and as always ...

16 comments:

  1. Oh such lovely flowers and I love that sweet little butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Guest Designer spot!! Awesome!!
    I absolutely love the gorgeous flowers! Thank you for sharing your tutorial on making them. A pretty butterfly too! A BEAUTIFUL creation!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the beautiful flowers - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet friend... your card is stunning!!! But then again, I expect nothing less because your work is always stunning!! I LOVE the gorgeous colors.. they really POP right off that card. The sweet vintage image is perfect in that sepia tone. Thank you so much for your kind words and for being a wonderful friend. I am so blessed to have you in my life and I'm thankful for bloggy land otherwise our paths never would have crossed. The honor was all mine to have you be a guest designer! Have a fabulous time in Pittsburgh!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck in the challenge.
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Darlene, this is just so beautiful! Those flowers are blowing me away, what a stunning arrangement, so vibrant and wonderful! An incredible card, just love it!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Happy, Happy' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colors on this! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card and I love the vibrant handmade flowers. Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Shelter, good luck. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you say "beautiful"...cuz that is what this card is...wow, love those awesome pretty flowers....great job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, absolutely stunning! You've created a floral, vintage work of art! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. So love the bright colors! Thanks for sharing and joining us today at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next week and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous, Dar! Love the flowers and butterfly and colors you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very gorgeous and delicate flowers project. Love your creation. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning sweetie, I am so very sorry I never got by to say how gorgeous your card was last week, a very hectic week, I hope you can forgive me, thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter <3 Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful splash of colour. Love those flowers! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow
    hugs Shaz DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene