Monday, May 25, 2015

Birds of Summer . . .

Hello dear friends!
 I hope you had a fabulous weekend! 
Ours was relatively quiet with the exception of the graduation excitement for grandson Jonathan.  If you follow me on Facebook you've already seen these photos (sorry ... family pride is overflowing) ... I am SO very proud of our 'little family' and just had to share that excitement with you all!

















 This is a small country school (graduating class of 43) so they were seated more by height vs name.  
Jon is 6' 3" so he was FIRST in and LAST out!  LOL!


 CONGRATULATIONS to JONATHAN!

And to his parents for raising such a warm hearted, soft spoken, hard working young man. 

It was FIVE years ago when we stood in this very room congratulating granddaughter, Morgan on her high school graduation!

WOW ... time sure flies.  Now she is busy working for Medic Rescue ... going to school for her EMT license ... a fire-fighter and hopes to continue in her sign language.

Of course none of us know what the future holds but my wish for my grandchildren is to strive to achieve their goals ... whatever they might be ... keep their family bond as tight as it is today ... and to be HAPPY ... life is short  ... make each moment count!


Thanks for letting me share my family's joyous day with you all.

Now, onto the crafting side of my life!
LOL

Today I'd like to share a couple beautiful cards with you that I created using images and paper from Crafty Secrets!  The product I've used today are:


I just LOVE these papers and images!
They are fitting for so many occasions and the colors are beautiful!
I was in need of more birthday cards so that is the occasion I decided upon for my cards today.



Other items used on my cards:
Joanna Sheen lace dies, Sue Wilson Ivy Corner, Darice birdhouse charm, satin ribbon, baker's twine, TH distresser, MS frond punch, Prima flowers, Wild Orchid flowers, Fiskars swivel craft knife for fussy cutting

Thanks for stopping by!
It is Memorial Day and although we don't have a cookout or anything planned, I've put the holiday table cloth on the picnic table up in our picnic area where I hope we can sit and enjoy our afternoon meal.  I also need to get my annuals planted up there so hubby can sit and keep me company while I gt it done ... the last planting needing done for this year.

Happy Day All ...
As Always ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.