Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Die Cutting Inspiration

Morning All!
It's Tuesday once again, and that means I have a die cutting inspiration piece to share with you today for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  If you've never popped over to our Inspiration Blog, you are missing out on some awesome card samples/ideas using die cuts.  Please take a minute and stop by.

Today I decided to do not one but TWO cards
using the same dies ... just in a little different way.
Here are the two cards I made for you today:

The dies I have used on my cards are:
 

Inside View

The design paper I used on both cards is from SandyLion.com and has been in my stash for YEARS!  I thought it worked well with the Ashby Corner die ... the flower patterns are very similar!  The blue card stock I used is from Stampin' Up and it's an older IN color called 'Marina Mist'.

I decided to use the 'St. Barts' die set to adorn the inside (top panel) of my card, hence leaving the 'writing panel' open for a personal note which I thought was necessary with the sentiment verse I chose for the front.



CARD #2 ...


For my second card I chose to use the St. Bart's die a little more extensively on the front bringing attention to the sentiment verse I chose ... (and find myself repeating to myself more and more as I get older! lol).   Though a little difficult to see, I popped up the sentiment panel to help add dimension to my card and still keep it mailable. 

Since the Ashby Corner die blends more with the color of the paper, I decided to add White Liquid Pearls to the flower centers which really draws your eye.  I also used it for the center on my Delicate Daisy flower.
I hope you've enjoyed today's card creations!

Remember, you can see NEW die cutting card samples on our Inspiration Blog EACH DAY Monday through Friday.  Also I hope you'll come join in our challenges.  A new challenge goes up on the 1st and 15th of each month over on our Dies R Us Challenge BlogAND ... there's a prize offered!

Thanks for stopping by!
As always ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.