Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Die Cutting Inspiration

Morning All!
It's Tuesday once again, and that means I have a die cutting inspiration piece to share with you today for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.  If you've never popped over to our Inspiration Blog, you are missing out on some awesome card samples/ideas using die cuts.  Please take a minute and stop by.

Today I decided to do not one but TWO cards
using the same dies ... just in a little different way.
Here are the two cards I made for you today:

The dies I have used on my cards are:
 

Inside View

The design paper I used on both cards is from SandyLion.com and has been in my stash for YEARS!  I thought it worked well with the Ashby Corner die ... the flower patterns are very similar!  The blue card stock I used is from Stampin' Up and it's an older IN color called 'Marina Mist'.

I decided to use the 'St. Barts' die set to adorn the inside (top panel) of my card, hence leaving the 'writing panel' open for a personal note which I thought was necessary with the sentiment verse I chose for the front.



CARD #2 ...


For my second card I chose to use the St. Bart's die a little more extensively on the front bringing attention to the sentiment verse I chose ... (and find myself repeating to myself more and more as I get older! lol).   Though a little difficult to see, I popped up the sentiment panel to help add dimension to my card and still keep it mailable. 

Since the Ashby Corner die blends more with the color of the paper, I decided to add White Liquid Pearls to the flower centers which really draws your eye.  I also used it for the center on my Delicate Daisy flower.
I hope you've enjoyed today's card creations!

Remember, you can see NEW die cutting card samples on our Inspiration Blog EACH DAY Monday through Friday.  Also I hope you'll come join in our challenges.  A new challenge goes up on the 1st and 15th of each month over on our Dies R Us Challenge BlogAND ... there's a prize offered!

Thanks for stopping by!
As always ...

5 comments:

  1. You are so clever with your dies, Darlene! I'm loving the blues and pretty paper. A lot of my designer paper is pretty darn old, too. I cannot use it up fast enough, but I sure love collecting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! Great die cuts girl! Loving the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely cards Darlene, two lovely designs, really like the shade of blue, pretty
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful cards my friend! I love the sentiments and so true they are! That bird is adorable and that color of blue is so striking!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful way to use up older paper...love those dies..very creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene