Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sisterhood Summer Heat ...

Today there's a new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters
and Vickie has asked us to create with the theme

SUMMER HEAT
(hot colors or summer theme)

I guess you could say I combined both ideas on my card.


I began with the HOT COLORS idea but as time went on
it became more of a summertime ocean scene
and since I had this fabulous 'Inspired by Stamping'
sentiment stamp, my card quickly turned into a card of encouragement.
And, I'm okay with that!

The sky background paper is from a VERY OLD DCWV 12x12 pack
as is the water paper which I've 'torn' to create waves and depth.
The sky & water paper was so similar in color that
I decided to sponge a bit of TH 'Picked Raspberry' distress
ink over the white clouds and it worked perfectly!

Please be sure to pop over to see the amazing creation my sisters
have created for you today!  And then, come join in the fun!

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Build It Up
Crafty Cardmakers and More - Water
Path of Positivity Challenge - Sharing

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today
and as always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  Black cs, White cs, Lime Green cs, Hot Pink cs, DCWV dp
Stamp/Ink:  Inspired by Stamping 'Words of Inspiration' / Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz 'picked raspberry'
Accessories:   Impression Obsession 'Sea Birds' die set, Frantic Stamper 'Nautical Icons' die set
Technique:  Torn paper

13 comments:

  1. I love cards for encouragement! I love the pretty colors and that boat in the waves! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dar. What a beautiful card. Love the background and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is beautiful Darlene!!! Just gorgeous, I love everything especially that sky!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Darlene. Loving the vibrant colours and creative tearing.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sky and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Darlene. Love how you have made the waves and your diecuts are perfect for your design, as is the uplifting sentiment.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Darlene, that is the most realistic sky I have ever seen! Freaking awesome! Love the ripped paper for waves, really creative and just stunning! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our 'Water' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors and gorgeous summer heat card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, awesome my friend..wow...I can almost get seasick with those rolling waves...very creative and like I said AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome, I love the waves made out of paper, the sky is so realistic. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so creative! I love your artistry. Thanks for joining us this month at Path of Positivity, where our theme is 'Sharing'. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so perfect for our SHARING theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous. I love your torn paper waves. No wonder this was a DT Delight at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene