Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Power of Yourself . . .

Hello my friends!
The other day I was introduced to a 'new to me' challenge blog
by crafting friend Leslie Miller 'Running With Scissors' who just so happens
is their Guest Designer for the current challenge.
I was intrigued by the theme and decided to join in the fun!

The blog I'm referring to is the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog,
their theme is MAY FLOWERS, but the intriguing part is that you are to use
your OLD stamps and mention in your post how 'old' they are!
RRCB 39

Well, I must admit, since Dies R Us has come into my life (lol)
my poor stamps have been greatly ignored!  
Well NOT today!!  
Here's what I've created and it felt good to get inky again!


The stamps I have used today are as follows:

American Art Sentiment Stamp ... 8 - 10 years old
Heartfelt Creations Large Bible Stamp (HCPC1411) ... 6 - 8 years old
Penny Black 'Flower Gallery' ... 6 - 8 years old

I began by stamping my book stamp onto white card stock with Versafine Onyx ink then fussy cut it with my Fiskars swivel craft knife.

My base card is A6 in size and even though I was popping up the book ... I wanted to show more definition between the book and the card front so I used a fine tip black marker and did faux stitching around the edge of my card front.

I've used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for my coloring on both the book and the flowers.  I have the most beautiful purple iris blooming in my flower garden right now ... hence my choice for the MAY FLOWERS theme.

 
 I also wanted to add dimension to my flowers so I stamped twice ... once on the book page and again on another scrap piece of white card stock.

After coloring both, I fussy cut around my extra image and popped it up with dimensional tape that I actually purchased at Lowe's Home Improvement store.

This card is relatively simplistic from my usual style but I think it's perfect to use when needing a 'note card' of encouraging words.  And, I actually think I know exactly who I will send it to!!

We all need words of encouragement from time to time ... especially our young people.  It can sometimes be so difficult to get your life going in the right direction after high school/college.

 Well I think that's it for me today!
I hope you like my creation and I hope you'll pop over and check out this challenge blog.  AND BY ALL MEANS, pop over to see Leslie's creation ... it is awesome!  She's such a talented artist ... her coloring is nothing short of total inspiration!!!

Challenges to share in:
Retarte 77 Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by ...
As always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.