background

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Power of Yourself . . .

Hello my friends!
The other day I was introduced to a 'new to me' challenge blog
by crafting friend Leslie Miller 'Running With Scissors' who just so happens
is their Guest Designer for the current challenge.
I was intrigued by the theme and decided to join in the fun!

The blog I'm referring to is the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog,
their theme is MAY FLOWERS, but the intriguing part is that you are to use
your OLD stamps and mention in your post how 'old' they are!
RRCB 39

Well, I must admit, since Dies R Us has come into my life (lol)
my poor stamps have been greatly ignored!  
Well NOT today!!  
Here's what I've created and it felt good to get inky again!


The stamps I have used today are as follows:

American Art Sentiment Stamp ... 8 - 10 years old
Heartfelt Creations Large Bible Stamp (HCPC1411) ... 6 - 8 years old
Penny Black 'Flower Gallery' ... 6 - 8 years old

I began by stamping my book stamp onto white card stock with Versafine Onyx ink then fussy cut it with my Fiskars swivel craft knife.

My base card is A6 in size and even though I was popping up the book ... I wanted to show more definition between the book and the card front so I used a fine tip black marker and did faux stitching around the edge of my card front.

I've used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for my coloring on both the book and the flowers.  I have the most beautiful purple iris blooming in my flower garden right now ... hence my choice for the MAY FLOWERS theme.

 
 I also wanted to add dimension to my flowers so I stamped twice ... once on the book page and again on another scrap piece of white card stock.

After coloring both, I fussy cut around my extra image and popped it up with dimensional tape that I actually purchased at Lowe's Home Improvement store.

This card is relatively simplistic from my usual style but I think it's perfect to use when needing a 'note card' of encouraging words.  And, I actually think I know exactly who I will send it to!!

We all need words of encouragement from time to time ... especially our young people.  It can sometimes be so difficult to get your life going in the right direction after high school/college.

 Well I think that's it for me today!
I hope you like my creation and I hope you'll pop over and check out this challenge blog.  AND BY ALL MEANS, pop over to see Leslie's creation ... it is awesome!  She's such a talented artist ... her coloring is nothing short of total inspiration!!!

Challenges to share in:
Retarte 77 Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by ...
As always . . .


16 comments:

  1. WOW Dar...what a very creative card for the challenge...very cool stamps you have used and so perfect for the challenge too!! I bet you had fun digging thru your stamps for this challenge....love it,love it my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Darenewith a gorgeous image with beautiful colouring nd details......your image is beautifully coloured and details!!

    Heather xxhugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for using with the <a href="http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/+>Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the details and dimensions are amazing!! Love this PB stamp and how you used it! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so excited you played in Retro Rubber, and with such a beautiful creation. You really worked it with the different stamps and the way you put it all together. Turned out gorgeous! Thanks for playing along. I think this is an awesome challenge for getting us to looking around our stamp rooms. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun for you to get out some stamps you have not used for awhile. My stamps are feeling neglected too. I love how you used the book as the background for the sentiment and the pretty flowers. Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks terrific, love that book stamp and your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
    Yaiza(Stampartpapel DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely STUNNING! This is so gorgeous! Love that book stamp, your beautiful flowers and that lovely sentiment! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I am SO happy that you decided to get your poor, neglected stamps inky because this card is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro rubber and hope you will get play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Darlene, love that dimension!! Gorgeous image and beautiful lovely card~
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful card. I love all of the added dimension and that pop of purple with all of the neutrals.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job combining images to create an uplifting card. Thanks for including Retro Rubber Challenge in your stamping fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love your flower image and your inspirational words. Reminds me of a song I heard this morning "It's Alright It's OK"....Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Darlene: I'm so glad Leslie introduced you to our challenge blog, your card is gorgeous!!! I love this book stamp, what a fabulous way to use big sentiment stamps, yours is just lovely.
    All of us have lots of beautiful older stamp sets and Retro Rubber is the perfect place for you to ink them up.
    The flowers are perfectly colored, I love the dimension you gave them by snipping them out.
    I hope you continue to play along with us, we would love to see you again in the gallery.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Bible stamp is the absolute coolest! Loooove your card! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene