Sunday, July 10, 2016

Time to Celebrate Christmas in July

Hello Everyone!

Today I have a card to share that was created for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog!
One of my team mates mentioned doing 'Christmas in July' cards.  I thought it was a great idea and decided to give it a whirl myself!

Now mind you ... when it's upper 80s outside, I'm really not in the mood for holiday cards  ... BUT ... with the A/C on and I'm in the basement ... the temperature feels like it could be snowing in here!  LOL
So why not!



I don't make many 'shaker' style cards but am always impressed with them when I see the amazing creations other crafters come up with so that was the direction I decided to go with today's card.

AND, it's a great use for that packaging so many of my dies come in ... I keep them all and when I get a free minute I cut the edges off so I have a flat panel to use for various other projects.

Here are a few steps I took in making my shaker card:

First I decided on what scene I wanted to create and chose the Memory Box 'Cascade Evergreen Frame and Memory Box Everygreen Trio (no longer in stock) but the Memory Box Mountain Evergreen would work well also.

As you can see, I cut a panel in white and another in green.

Next I wanted to create a 'backdrop' for my evergreen forest so I cut a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 panel of white card stock and simply sponged just the top half to represent the sky using Tim Holtz 'broken china' distress ink and a large sponge dauber.


After cutting the green trees from the border ... I staggered them on top of the white tree panel to give the illusion of snow on the branches.  Next I started 'creating my forest'. 
 

To create my SHAKER, I decided to hand cut strips of dimensional tape to help create my 'window'.  After laying a strip on all four sides, I removed the protective strips from all but the top strip.  Next I adhered my 'window panel' ... poured in some Martha Stewart 'snow' ... pulled the top protective strip off and VOILA!!



Now for the finishing touches!

By positioning the Impression Obsession 'Icicle Edger' across the top and one of the deer from the Frantic Stamper 'Reindeer Duo' Set, down on the bottom, the dimension of my winter scene really came together ... what do you think?


I couple more dies for the inside sentiment and the first holiday card of the 2016 season is complete!
I chose the other reindeer in the Frantic Stamper 'Reindeer Duo' Set, and the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Merry Christmas with Tree' Sentiment die.


Sorry for the long post ... thanks for sticking with me!!

I hope you'll take the time and pop over to our Dies R Us store!
The holidays are 'not that far away you know!' ... YIKES!
There are so many wonderful die cutting companies to choose from ...
I'm sure you'll find exactly what you might be looking for (and more, lol) !!!
Remember, there is a new inspiration sample shared each and every day of the month
on our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using a variety of dies from several different companies.
Then of course you'll want to come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month with
a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner each challenge!
OH!  And did you know we have a FB Page and PINTEREST Page?
I hope you'll check out all the fabulous fun going on through DIES R US!!

Challenges to share in:
Broken Fairy Challenge #6 - Anything Goes / Twist - Christmas in July
Digi Designs Challenge - Christmas in July
Christmas Cards All Year Round July Challenge - Anything Goes (Christmas)
Creative Corner Challenges - Anything Goes
 Cut It Up Challenge - Anything Goes (must have die cuts)
Winter Wonderland Challenge - Let's see a Christmas tree and make it cute.
 ABC Christmas Challenge - N is for No Rules
Till next time . . . 
And, as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.