Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Soothing words to comfort . . .

Happy Tuesday Friends . . .

With coming from such a LARGE family (mother had 8 sisters and 3 brothers) it's been glorious to enjoy all those past family reunions with games to play, family to catch up with and always PLENTY of food to eat.  But, unfortunately with time passing by, I am loosing more and more family members.  
My mom (next to the youngest) & one aunt (youngest) are all that remain of the original 12 kids.  Now I'm starting to loose 1st cousins (originally 47 of us) since many of them are in their upper 70s / low 80s. It's awesome having such a large family but SO SAD when you begin loosing them. 


Like myself, many people are in need of sympathy cards, so that what I was concentrating on yesterday while working in my crafting cave.  I try to keep them relatively simple and try to create not just strictly for a man or a woman, but create something that could be also used for either gender.


For these three cards, I went right to my old faithful Stampin' Up 2 sided 6x6 paper packs.  They are A6 in size and the portion of paper I cut off to create my background panel, was simply flipped over and used as the decorative coordinating panel.  
I've had this Around The Block 'Frame Tape' in my stash for YEARS and finally used some of it to decorate the flipped panel on the pink card and across the top on the blue card.  (I actually went that route to hide the Stampin' Up insignia on the top of the background panel that I didn't see initially.)


The cross I've used on today's cards I believe to be Spellbinder (not positive).  I've had it for a very long time and have never used it until today (my bad!!).  I die cut it twice ... once in white and once in black then offset them to mimic a shadow.  

For the sentiment I've used a stamp by the Stamp Pad Co. (OLD) and due cut the banner using the Sue Wilson 'Pierced Flags' die set (#CED4304).



 

 Here's a peek at the inside.  I did the same on all 3 cards.
 

Well I'd better get busy!
More to do and time is a wastin' ...

A few challenges to share in:
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #7 - Never Before Used Stuff  (cross & frame tape)
 Die Cutting Diva's Challenge - Anything Goes using Die Cuts
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Get Well / Sympathy

Hope you're having a lovely week.
Till next time and as always . . .


11 comments:

  1. All are beautiful and I am sure whomever's hands they end up in (sad to say but we all know it's part of everyday life) they will be treasured and greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Darlene. Thanks for playing at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful and very appropriate, Darlene. The cross is a classic keeper with its clean lines and just the right amount of design in it. I love my double-sided paper for the coordinating patterns, and now you're making me feel like pulling out some of that old SU! paper. I understand your feelings about losing more and more family members. The older you get the more loss you suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards are always some of the hardest to make (and give!) but your gorgeously intricate cross design is the perfect touch for this type of occasion. Very pretty set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. It is sad to think a Sympathy card is something that one can make in bulk. You did a wonderful job making 3 different cards but using the same materials. Thanx for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, Darlene. The ending of a generation is always sad, but expected and we are grateful for the time they had. Then when our own generation starts to die, it seems unbelievable to us because we are still feeling so young inside ourselves. It's when we card artists start to make sympathy cards with a whole new appreciation of how meaningful and comforting they are to loved ones. And these are so beautifully designed and executed! Thank you for the inspiration and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! LITS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You do come from a very large family! So much fun chaos I imagine! lol I am always sorry for the need of sympathy cards, but I am now realizing they are soothing to make. Yours are glorious! That cross die is magnificent. These will bring comfort all around, from the sender to the receiver. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful classical Sympathy cards Darlene. Thanks for playing at Sunny Day Crafting. DT Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards turned out so nicely, Dar. They will be a comfort when (unfortunately) needed. You're one very talented gal. I'd love to have you share these in our challenge at WAW. Hope you're having a GREAT week.
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about losing big family, both of my parents had large families and they are all gone on my Dad's side and only one left on my Mom's.
    That cross is just beautiful and such pretty detail to it, each card is just lovely how you put it together

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are simply beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene