Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Soothing words to comfort . . .

Happy Tuesday Friends . . .

With coming from such a LARGE family (mother had 8 sisters and 3 brothers) it's been glorious to enjoy all those past family reunions with games to play, family to catch up with and always PLENTY of food to eat.  But, unfortunately with time passing by, I am loosing more and more family members.  
My mom (next to the youngest) & one aunt (youngest) are all that remain of the original 12 kids.  Now I'm starting to loose 1st cousins (originally 47 of us) since many of them are in their upper 70s / low 80s. It's awesome having such a large family but SO SAD when you begin loosing them. 


Like myself, many people are in need of sympathy cards, so that what I was concentrating on yesterday while working in my crafting cave.  I try to keep them relatively simple and try to create not just strictly for a man or a woman, but create something that could be also used for either gender.


For these three cards, I went right to my old faithful Stampin' Up 2 sided 6x6 paper packs.  They are A6 in size and the portion of paper I cut off to create my background panel, was simply flipped over and used as the decorative coordinating panel.  
I've had this Around The Block 'Frame Tape' in my stash for YEARS and finally used some of it to decorate the flipped panel on the pink card and across the top on the blue card.  (I actually went that route to hide the Stampin' Up insignia on the top of the background panel that I didn't see initially.)


The cross I've used on today's cards I believe to be Spellbinder (not positive).  I've had it for a very long time and have never used it until today (my bad!!).  I die cut it twice ... once in white and once in black then offset them to mimic a shadow.  

For the sentiment I've used a stamp by the Stamp Pad Co. (OLD) and due cut the banner using the Sue Wilson 'Pierced Flags' die set (#CED4304).



 

 Here's a peek at the inside.  I did the same on all 3 cards.
 

Well I'd better get busy!
More to do and time is a wastin' ...

A few challenges to share in:
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #7 - Never Before Used Stuff  (cross & frame tape)
 Die Cutting Diva's Challenge - Anything Goes using Die Cuts
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Get Well / Sympathy

Hope you're having a lovely week.
Till next time and as always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.