background

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Through The Craft Room Door Guest Designer

Hello Friends!
Today I'm excited to share a creation that I made as the Guest Designer

Last month I was honored to have my card chosen as winner  ...
and if that wasn't exciting enough, they also asked me to be a guest designer
and the card I share today will also be in the Through The Craft Room Door Magazine.
 How cool is that!!!  Thanks so much to Deonna and team for this opportunity!

The theme is ANYTHING GOES and the sponsor is Morgan's Art World
Today I'm creating with the image titled 'Cat in Flowers'


I have a lot of friends who are cat lovers so I'm sure I'll be
using this image over and over again for various occasions.  
I must admit ... this is a really cute kitty!!

Here's a close up of my coloring ... it's not perfect ...
but not too bad either.
 I've used both Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (kitty) and Spectrum Noir pencils (flowers) for the coloring on today's image.  I haven't taken the time to color with the pencils very much but I will be now because I REALLY liked working with them!!

I do hope you will check out the Through The Class Room Door blog
and then come join in the fun.  It's a great place to be ... lots going on!

Challenges to share in:
Lacy Sunshine's Challenge - Anything Goes
Come and Get It Challenge - Punches and Dies
Crafting When You Can Challenge - Things with Wings (butterflies)
Eclectic Ellapu August Challenge - Pink Team - Floral
C.R.A.F.T. Challenges - Anything Goes
Dragonfly Journeys Challenge - A Rose is a Rose is a Rose 

 Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today and as always . . .

Papers:  White card stock, Black card stock, Eggplant card stock, Paper Pizazz designer paper
Dies:  Elizabeth Craft 'Bunch of Flowers 4' #1030, Memory Box 'Pinpoint Square Layers' #30060, Spellbinder 'Card Creator - 5x7 Reflective Moment' #S6-011, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Kitty Kitty Meow Meow' #B417, Sue Wilson Finishing Touch 'Laurel Leaves' #CED1437, Memory Box 'Garland Greenery' #99229 
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 3-in-1 Butterfly Punch, Spectrum Noir pencils, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Tim Holtz distress inks: Broken China, Tea Dye, Scattered Straw, Barn Door, Memento 'Bamboo Leaves' ink, large sponge daubers, dimensional tape

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love your coloring on the cat! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is so gorgeous! I love the kitty! Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, congratulations! Look at those gorgeous flowers, loooooooove the colors! And that sweet little kitty, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, ya know I love this one, and it kind of looks like my Freckles! A beautiful card! Love those flowers!! Congrats on being a guest designer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it Challenge! ~DT Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this stamp and how you colored the kitty and flowers. Putting this on such a pretty fame and background paper made it so elegant and the kitties on the bottom are a perfect touch. Congrats on guest designers spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I can see why you were chosen, your card and coloring are amazing. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Dar!
    My blog challenge this week is: A Rose is a Rose is a Rose - Join Me!

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It Challenges.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous card, and your colouring of the sweet kitty is lovely! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that kitty is just too sweet, I love the coloring on both the kitty and the flowers, like how you mixed the mediums of what you colored with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card and a lovely colour palette.Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my gosh, this is so cute! Not just cute, but pretty, too! My kitty used to lay in the flowers, and now LuLu likes to tuck herself under the blooming azalea branches in the spring. Funny how she only does it when it's in bloom. Love your coloring and all the extras that make this such a fun and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow such a beautiful creation, the composition is spot on and just overall gorgeous
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Eclectic Ellapu this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautifully colored card. I love the bright colors you used on the flowers. Thank you for linking with us this month at 613 Avenue Create. Have a blessed weekend!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty die cuts and composition! The penciled flowers turned out nicely. I haven't tried the Spectrum Noir pencils yet, but have been playing with my first set of pencils (Prisma watercolors) recently.
    Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu’s August challenge!

    -DT NieNie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene