Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Truck Load of Birthday Wishes . . .

Hello Everyone!
WOW what a crazy busy week I am having ... but I'm also having fun
so it's okay!  LOL

Today I have a masculine birthday card to share with you that was
inspired by a few challenges I noticed out in blogland.


The challenges I noticed are as follows:

Little Red Wagon Challenge #391 - Happy Birthday Boys!
Paper Shelter Challenge #291 - A Birthday Card
Inspiration Destination Challenge #127 - ATG w/optional twist/Masculine

Once again I am playing with my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide
inks to create my backgrounds.  For the main focus panel I sponged on
the three colors then sprayed with water & heat set.
For my matting panel and base card, I simply sponged on
the coordinating colors.


I used dimensional tape between my focus panel
and the matting panel.  I also popped up the truck body.
Here's a peek at the inside of my card.


What boy/man doesn't like trucks?  LOL

Well that's it for me today!
Thanks for stopping by . . .
Hope you have a great weekend!

As always ...




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, Gray cs
Dies:  Lawn Fawn 'Large & Small Cross Stitched Rectangles' # LF1178 - LF1179, Memory Box 'Madera Corner' #98237, Impression Obsession 'Truck' #DIE218, Frantic Stamper 'Bob's Old Truck' #FRA-DIE09487 (inside truck), Tutti Designs 'Birthday' #229, 'Best Wishes' #247
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink 'Broken China', 'Faded Jeans', 'Walnut Stain', sponge daubers, dimensional tape



21 comments:

  1. Darlene I love this card... very masculine and I love that truck die!
    The background is just lovely, you did a great job!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar, I absolutely love this card. Such a good idea to continue the theme to the inside as well. Those oxide inks create such a lovely background. More and more I want to try playing with them. Great layering and colours. Thanks so much for joining in on our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, Great card. Yes, what Man or Boy doesn't love Trucks! Great job for a Masculine card. I love the colors in the background as well. Thank you for sharing your super card with us on Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the diecut! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great card design Darlene! I love that truck! Thanks for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon. Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect background! Love that truck die and the branches in the corner. Just a typical scene on a country road. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card. Although I do like Pick up trucks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning girl! First off let me say I love the different shades of blue and the truck die is so cute. I also like how you used the corner die to look like branches from a tree. Actually there wasn't anything I didn't like about your card. So much attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is Beautiful!! Awesome card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get so stumped on masculine cards, but this is perfect! The two different truck dies facing each direction indicate a well-rounded die collection! Love the leaf die in the corner, too. You're doing great with those oxide inks! Hmmm... sponged, then sprayed. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't those new distress oxide inks fun to play with?! I love the background and the great masculine card you created with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great manly card and loving the stitching detail around the layers. That's a great truck diecut. Thanks for playing along with the Watercooler Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great guy card, Darlene! Wouldn't have thought to use the corner die & it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guys do love trucks, and cards with trucks on them. Such a perfect birthday card inside and out. Thanks for sharing at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week. Hope your week got better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background looks terrific with your truck, love the big bold sentiment, great masculine card!
    Glad your having a good time

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done, Thanks for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Julie P
    The Paper Shelter DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous masculine card. Love the background you did with the truck. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic masculine card, Darlene! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sponging is one of my favourite techniques - great colours. That truck looks like it is hauling a huge load of birthday wishes. Thanks for joing us at the Watercooler this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous brilliant masculine card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene