Thursday, July 6, 2017

Sit back and relax ...

Hello All!
Last summer (or was it two summers ago ... geesh time goes by so fast!) while on a visit to crafting friend Diane Hover's (Nellie's Nest) house in Michigan, we took the day and drove into Shipshewana, Indiana for lunch and a little shopping.  We visited this really cool Mercantile, and while shopping around I found a pack of 6x6 Photoplay designer paper called 'Summer Daydreams' at a little shoppe called Aunt Millies Scrapyard.  And some matching fun popsicle brads by Eyelet Outlet. 

With it being SO WARM outside, I decide to create a summertime card today and when I'm done, I'm going into the kitchen and grabbing myself a Cherry Popsicle!  Yep ... hubby & I have been enjoying popsicles this summer vs ice cream lol.  Less fattening ya know .. ugh ... I do love my ice cream!
Anyways,  what fun it was creating this card.

As you can see, I did a lot of POPPING UP to add extra dimension.

 That little lower strip is actually the reverse side of this particular sheet.  Didn't want to waste any of it, hence the extra panel at the top also which I fussy cut into a scallop edge then did some faux stitching around both panels for added character.


And, how about these popsicle brads ... aren't they just the yummiest embellishment?

There is one particular challenge I spotted and kept in mind while creating today and that is the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Summer Sunshine.   A few other challenges I'd like to share in are:
Ike's World Challenge #92 - ATG w/twist - Relax
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - In the Good Old Summertime
Pile It On Challenge #132 - Primary Colors

Well here I go rambling on and on ... now it's lunchtime!!
So I will bid you ado and wish you a fabulous day & weekend ahead!!

As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Goldenrod cs,  Red cs, Lime Green cs, Turquoise cs, Photoplay 'Summertime Daydreams' dp
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Adirondack Chairs' #DIE177, Impression Obsession 'Sunburst Background' #DIE354, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Live Laugh Love' #B564
Accessories:  Foam tape, Eyelet Outlet 'Popsicle' brads,
Technique:  Faux Stitching



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.