Thursday, November 9, 2017

Celebration time is near . . .

Hello Friends!
Today's card was created for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog and I think it will be perfect  for the upcoming holiday season.


I wasn't sure where this creation was headed but I knew I wanted to use these cute 'baby deers ... aka fawn'!  LOL  The dies I have used for today's card are as follows:

Poppystamps 'Curious Fawn'

Poppystamps - Dies - Curious Fawn
Poppystamps 'Cute Fawn'

Poppystamps - Dies - Cute Fawn
Poppystamps 'Evangeline Floating Square'

Poppystamps - Dies - Evangeline Floating Square

Memory Box 'Fresh Pine Landscape'

Memory Box - Dies - Fresh Pine Landscape (NEW)

Tutti Designs Word Set 'Celebrate'

Tutti Designs - Word Set - Celebrate




When I die cut my Floating Square, I realized there was enough room on the end of my paper scrap to die cut another panel.  So I did, then cut & glued them together.  Even though I had planned on popping this panel up, I like that this method gave my square more stability.

I've had this sheet of shiny blue film paper in my stash for a long time ... in fact, I think a friend gave it to me along with a lot of other papers etc when she was moving out of the country.  It was perfect to create the cold winter's day sky background for today's card.


Now that I have my pieces all cut, I'm ready to start creating my wintry scene.  OH and BTW ... ignore that cute snow covered fence panel in the upper right corner, you'll be seeing it on another creation ... it didn't really work out well for today's card.

You've seen me do this before with my sentiment dies and I'm sure you'll see it again in the future, but I love the effect you get when stacking your die cut words.  If you haven't tried this technique yet ... give it a try ... you'll love how it looks.


The little blue glitter snowflakes were left over on my work table from a previous project.

 I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.

Before I go, I thought you might like a closer look at these cute little baby deer.  I've added a little white to their ears and tails, gave them eyes and a cute red nose.  I think they might be future Rudolphs in training!

Challenges to share in:
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #503 -  Sparkle
Movin' Along with the Times Challenge #58 - Trees
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #8 - ATG w/critter
Animal Friends Challenge #56 - Christmas w/animal
Create and Inspire Challenge #68 - ATG
 

 For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.