Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm so EXCITED ...




Whoo Hoo ..... I was the winner of the very 1st challenge posted over at the new Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenges. (This site was formerly known as Simply Sassy Design Studio Challenges.)


This is the card I won with ... using:

2 buttons
2 ribbons
2 designer papers and
2 layers



They have a new name, new players and a new attitude! Each week is a new challenge and if you haven't been over to this new challenge site yet, well now's the time!!! Just click on THIS LINK and join in on the fun!!!




The challenge for today is all about the BOYS.



Now I know most people would right away think "Little Boys" but after recently purchasing a couple Cornish Heritage Farms images from the GM Series (from my friend, Tammy Hershberger (Stamp Happy) at Toyrifix (waving Hi!!) ... I immediately thought of the "BIG Boys" and this is the creation I've come up with today!! Here are the details on my card:


Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (GM Series), Inkadinkado
Papers: Very Vanilla, DCWV designer papers
Inks: Versafine black
Accessories: SU watercolor pencils, blender pen, Creative Memories silver metallic pen, Colorbok metal dots, swivel craft knife




I'm so glad you stopped by today! Hope you have a fun weekend planned!! And PLEASE ... pop on over to this new challenge site and check it out ... heck, why not just create a card and play along ... I've already given you today's challenge, LOL!!! HAVE FUN TODAY!!!



*************


Edit to post ...


I was so inspired by this challenge (and realizing I really don't have any "Little Boy" images) I purchased this little guy yesterday ... made a card last evening and had to share it with you all! Isn't he cute ... and such a "BOY!" LOL!!
Rember, you can "click on any of my images for a closer look". This little guy is by Art Impressions and I've colored him using SU watercolor pencils and blender pen. I've handwritten the sentiment since I didn't have a coordinating stamp and it was 11:30 pm and didn't feel like computer generating one!! My Bad!!!
The background paper I created using my Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder and double embossing. Not familiar with double embossing?? Let me know and I'll do a post on it for you! Very easy and looks awesome!! I added Crystal Effects to the frog to make him shiny (you can probably see it if you click on the image) don't know that you can tell here! Thanks for taking a peek!! Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. Awesome card Darlene! I love it!! Thanks for joining us again this week at Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle!!!

    Scrappy Love,
    Rene'
    SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love your color choices.
    Thanks for joining us on SSDSaturdays again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another awesome card Darlene!! I just love this image! Thanks for playing with us at SSDS!

    Angie ~ SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Darlene!! I really like the embossing it looks like tire tread, really cool! You have been entered into my blog candy as you completed a card,and left me a comment, come on over and follow me to get another entry

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME Darlene..!!! Way to go girly!!! CONGRATS is in order too!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Darlene! Beautiful cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win!
    This card is awesome! I love that image and the diamond plating...perfect! thanks for playing along at SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene,
    First of all congratulations on your win!!!

    I love your truck! You did a great job with it and you used a perfect background for it too.

    Great job my friend!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your winnings! And I so LOVE this masculine card! I always have a hard time creating cards for guys, but this one is great...it actually looks just like my hubby's old truck! And that background looks just like that diamond-plate metal that guys like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. I have the hardest time with male cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOh I really like the background paper, looks just like the grids on the garage floor. Thanks for joining us this week!! An awesome 'guy' card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the frog card! I'm so glad you put him up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! All three of these cards are great...but of course the little boy is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love your first challenge card.... I mean a classic vintage truck and the colors & layout design.... awesome, but then I come to your second card.... wow. Love it. Yes, I can certainly see why you had to have that image too stinkin' cute, lol. Great, great job!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This little guy is just the cutest. Where in the world did you find this stamp? I love the arrangement of the image and the background. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.