Sunday, August 2, 2009

Paper Pieced Something - CHALLENGE

This week's challenge over on the Stamp Something blog is to do Paper Piecing. This is one technique that I just love but don't do often enough. Anytime I see it done I think ... WOW, that looks so amazing.





I didn't know what I wanted to work with today ... then I spotted this little dress that my friend Kris Turner started to cut out (she was practicing paper piecing) last weekend when she & the girls came to play and thought it needed a "home".




I've used two different papers for this creation. My background floral paper is from the SU "Delicate Dot" designer paper pack and the coral floral 2 sided designer paper is from Colorbok "Tracy Porter" 12x12 pack. Of course the Martha Stewart doily lace border punch goes perfectly with this little dress image from Serendipity. The sentiment stamp is by Outlines Rubber Stamps and I've used a ZIG Island Coral marker for the bordering color. My vintage buttons are from Bucket O'Buttons and I've used Michaels gold thread for the centers. The faux stitching was created using a Creative Memories fine tip black marker and a metal ruler. (click for larger view)




Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you find inspiration in my work ... I know I certainly find inspiration from all of you!!!

P.S. Don't forget to comment on my blog candy posting to be eligible for the "goodies".

6 comments:

  1. OOO Darlene I just LOVE that dress, and your border punches with the buttons. beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene this is adorable. I really like the way you did your layout and stamped on your dp. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, paper piercing really does make everything pop! I love the pretty scallops with this adorable dress. Awww - SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the doily edges and colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Stamp Something this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.