Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - The Music of Your Soul

Well, here it is Saturday again ... you know what that means ... it's time for another fun-filled SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT with HIDDEN POTENTIAL Challenge! Today it's all about the "Music of Your Soul". Personally, I love music of all types but I probably listen to the most music at holiday time ... like now! I have it playing all day long whether I'm in my crafting room or working around the house ... it just envokes such wonderful childhood memories and makes me happy!
That is the reason for my "holiday" musical creation. The precious angel images I have used are from http://www.craftyindividuals.co.uk/ and I've used Fiskar decal scissors to border them. The base card is Christmas Red cs, next panel is Candystripe from DCWV and the Musical dp is from The Paper Studio. After cutting the musical panels, I distressed-wrinkled and sponged with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress ink. For embellishments I have used the following: Michael's gold metallic thread, Offray red sheer ribbon, Kaiser red half pearls, K&Co. chipboard star and vintage lace which was a gift from one of my Stamp D'Amour friends.

Our sponsor this week is Paper Garden Projects. Just click on the link to get to their store and also check out their really cool blog HERE.


Look at what they are giving away to one lucky winner this week! Aren't those just the cutest images!!! OH ... and there's more ... here you can read it in their words:

I'm excited about being a sponsor on Saturday Spotlight and I'd like to offer all the readers a store discount. Just enter the code Satspot in the code box when you check out and receive an additional 10% off your entire order. The coupon is valid through December 19.

How awesome is that! Now don't miss out ... create a card/project that reflects YOUR favorite music and post a direct link over to Mr. Linky on the Saturday Spotlight Challenge Blog. I can NOT wait to see what you create ... this should be GREAT fun! Vicki sure comes up with some awesome ideas!!!

And PLEASE, don't forget to check out what my Diva Sistah's have created to inspire you!! I'm sorry to say we have lost a couple Diva's from the team. Susan & Debbie will certainly be missed ... but sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies and we just have to do what's best for our family & personal lives. I am happy however to tell you that Jodi (Inked Inspirations), our guest designer, will be staying on to help us out.

*Vicki (creator/coordinator) ... *Chris (Coordinator) ... Boni ... Crystal ... Dawn ... Erin ... Jessica ... Maria

OH ... ONE MORE THING ... The Saturday Spotlight Diva's will be taking a little holiday break, so this will be the last challenge for 2009. We will be back on JANUARY 2nd for more Saturday Spotlight Challenge fun! Please mark your calendar's ... you don't want to miss out on the fun & prizes coming up in the new year!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT DIVA'S

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous vintage creation!! Love the lace and your design!! What a beautiful take on the challenge. Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dar!! I have to say that this is absolutely gorgeous hun!! I just love your way with the vintage style and there's nothing that says music like Christmas time!! :) I listen to most of the day during the week!! Fabulous idea and I LOVE your musical background as well as your starry accent and vintage images!! Have a lovely weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely project! Great stuff!
    Got an idea for my music already!!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is true Darlene style. What an awesome vintage image. I love this.. I can just see you dancing around the house with your music..hehe.. Hope your holidays are filled with love.. I am so thankful this year for your friendship and that you have so much to celebrate. It will be a special time.. Meeting you IRL was one of the highlights of my stamping year. Terrific card Darlene...Sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous creation, Darlene! Your vintage elements combine beautifully on this card; it deserves to be framed and displayed every Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your vintage card. I adore the music sheets used on your cards. You just have a gift for putting that vintage look together and make it look sooooo easy.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Darlene...lovin lovin your take on the challenge this week...That lace is BEAUTIFUL and those images are just sooo perfect and beautiful!!!! You aced this challenge girl!!! I hope you are staying warm...it sure has been cold!!!! Enjoy your weekend sweetie!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, see...this is exactly why I LOVE your vintage creations Darlene! What gorgeous papers and images! Perfect touch with that lacy-ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous vintage Christmas creation!!!! love the lace and music sheet with these images Dar, great job!!!

    blessings, maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.