Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Midnight Madness #35


Hello Again!
My two favorite challenges on Tuesday are the Crafty Secrets Challenge (which I've already shared with you) and the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. The ladies over on this site are truly amazing! They have endless talent and the inspiration just pours out the seams of this blog site!!! If you have not taken the opportunity to stop over ... PLEASE ... DO IT NOW!!! You won't be disappointed!!


And have you noticed??? I seem to be in a POLKA DOT mood today! But that's okay ... it's a fun start to any creation!! Right???
Of course the first direction I go typically when creating a card from a sketch is towards the "vintage style". Not always filled with lace, glitter & buttons but sometimes just SIMPLE VINTAGE as is my creation today. A friend of mine stamped me off some Rubbernecker "ladies" images (thanks Carol) and I thought this one would be perfect for today!!
My card is A-6 in size and the card stock & designer papers I've chosen to use today are as follows:
Cardstock - Basic Black, Whisper White & Real Red
Designer Paper - Basic Grey June Bug (polka dots) and Graphic45 (floral)
The layout is self explanatory so I will just tell you the other items I have used on this creation:
Michael's silver elastic cording
The Paper Studio (black flower)
Prima (red flower)
Fiskars Decal Scissors (edging)
Doodlebug Sugar Coated Silver Brad

Thanks so much for your visit! Hope you are having as much fun as I am ... teehee! I just love creating ... I even surprise myself sometimes ... that's always a good thing!! Happy Day All!!

20 comments:

  1. This is simply stunning! Love the polka dots and the red with black is gorgeous. Your image is too! You are the queen of vintage!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning!! You just can't go wrong with red & black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - that is so special! Love those sassy colours hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness girl!! This is just as stunning as can be!! I LOVE it!! The polka-dots are perfect with your image!! You should think about entering this in the Crazy 4 Challenges as the theme is Polka Dot Fun!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene, I sooooooooo LOVE coming to your blog. You always keep it fresh and I love the polka dots. You are amazing as is your card this week and ever week for that matter. You know I love your style...don't ever change. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Mandess sketch challenge this week.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Darlene! What a beautiful stamp! You did a wonderful job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Darlene, this is stunning and so elegant too! Love that gorgeous image and the colours you have used...you always amaze me with your talent! Fabulous!! Love the flowers that go perfectly! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week Darlene - we love seeing your cards and look forward to seeing you next week!
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous image and an amazing card!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love red and black so this of course is a great card on my eyes. Super nifty! Hope 2010 brings you much happiness and good health for both you and your hubby. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I just love this image Darlene. I want to be that lady with that gorgeous dress...nothing like a pretty dress and some lipstick to make a girl feel glamorous!!! Absolutely sensational with your colors, coloring, image, and yes, the polka dots!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness. Have a happy and productive week creating!!!

    Bear hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! I love the stamp and the red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh wow Darlene, it's STUNNING girl! I love, love, love the red/black and white together! Awesome job on that image, and I really like those flowers...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous! Love the rich colors and classy image. Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you enjoyed the holidays, and have a very Happy New Year!

    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZA Darlene this is gorgeous girl!!! I LOVE black, white, and red what a fabby image and the flower treatment STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a nice card. Your image is colored to perfection. Perfect dp and embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    Midnight Madness DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and very dramatic, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow!!! This is a polka dot beauty! Your color combo is stunning and I love your vintage image... love the dp and the details are perfect! Thanks for playing along on the MMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year Darlene! It seems ages since I've been over here and what a fabulous card to see when I return! WOW and WOW again! Stunning red, black and white! Absolutely fabulous....I'm crazy about this one! The image, dp and flower are truly stunning! This card is screaming "look at me"!!
    Love it!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMY I LOVE this card!! The gal in the dress reminds me of the movies Under a Tuscan Sun!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love this card Darlene!! The image is beautiful!! Love how you used the polka dotted paper and the combo of colors rocks!! Gorgeous take on the challenge!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.