Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Midnight Madness #36


I just love the sketches they come up with over on the Midnight Madness Challenge Blog ... and today was no exception!! I am STILL working on birthday cards and this one will be for my girlfriend Lona who shares a birthday with my mom (on the 27th). Lona & I met way back in 1987 as hospital "roommates" and have been great friends ever since!! We have a lot in common and one of those things is the fact that we both love PURPLE.

Okay ... that makes things easy!! I have the sketch ... I have the theme ... and now I have the color ... how easy is this!!! I was looking through my FLOWER stamps and came upon this iris in a Penny Black set! It called out to me so that it where we began!! I've used Prismacolor markers for my coloring and Nestabilities Labels 1 for my cutting/matting.


Yesterday while shopping with friend, Lana Edwards ... (yes I have a friend LONA & a friend LANA) ... gets confusing sometimes, LOL!! Anyways, while Lana & I were out shopping we came upon a 40% off sale on all DCWV paper packs and decided we both needed to purchase the Baby Boy & Baby Girl packs. The designer papers I have used on this creation are from the BABY BOY pack. (who would have thought!!!)

The wider of the two strips on the background panel was "stamped over" using an Inkadinkado "flourish" stamp. My sentiment is from the Just Rite Centers & Borders set and I've embellished with Kaiser black half pearls. I think Lona's really going to like this year's card!!! What do you think ... do you like it???

** My friend Kim let me know that this creation also qualifies for the challenge going on over on Practical Scrappers (use Bling). Thanks girlfriend!! I've popped over and added it to Mr. Linky.**

Thanks for stopping by today ... I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with posts today ... I'm trying to play "catch up" since I've been busy with those Bridal Shower Invitations. Oh yes, they are finished and they turned out great! I was very happy with the inside information which I printed in script onto vellum ... adhered with glue dots and placed a small red heart over top so you couldn't see the glue dots. I think the bride-to-be will be pleased!! Happy Day (whats left of it) everyone!!!

20 comments:

  1. Darlene, lovely papers and colors on this wonderful card!! Nice image too!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge so faithfully!!

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene, first let me say thank you for following my new blog. Second, I want this wall paper...I have been looking and I fell in love with it the second I opened it up. I can not find the code for it though...will you share it with me? Third, no wonder you like our sketches so much.. because MY favorite color is purple and if you have not noticed, that is the main color of my sketches..LOL Such good taste you have ;) LOL Your card is perfect for your friend too. She will love it. Well done using the sketch and If you want to email me that code :) I will send you lots of Happy purple thoughts..LOL
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess
    heatonup@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! This is just beautiful Dar!! You've done such a brilliant job with the sketch!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Darlene this is simply gorgeous!!! Love the colors and the image is so pretty.. Very lovely!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dar, your card is a brilliant take on the sketch! Love your iris stamps. How beautiful and it makes me want spring! Your pearls qualify as bling and you should also enter this one into the Practical Scrappers challenge this week, which is bling.
    Love the new blog too! I never find anything this fab on Shabby Blogs.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Darlene. I love the graduated pearls. Lovely coloring, too. Great job with this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene you ACED this sketch, oh my I LOVE the lavendar!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Darlene!! I LOVE the colors! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - LOVE purple AND flourishes - so that makes it fab already!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous. Love the flowers and the colors . The baby boy pack looks perfect. Not a hint of boy in the card you've created. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darlene - this is another gorgeous card from you! Great DP and image. Your Iris' are coloured so beautifully - I am sure your friend is going to LOVE this! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week Darlene, don't forget to check back on Friday for the Sneak Peek of next weeks challenge - we would love to see you play again next week - you know we love your cards!! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness Dar, you HAVE been a busy-girl! This one is absolutely STUNNING my friend! LOVE the purple with the black! Great choice in Nesties, and lovely black pearls! You ROCKED this MMSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, I also meant to say, HOW NEAT that is that you gals were once hospital-roomies! Amazing how God puts us together to form friendships, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card Darlene! I actually tried to do this sketch last night, and couldn't figure out for the life of me how to put an image in that trianglular shape, so I never finished. I really want to try the Midnight Madness Challenges..I haven't done a single one yet. But I did do a card for your challenge on SCS, I just haven't uploaded it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darlene...I love your new updated blog-it's so bright and cheerful. Your birthday card for your friend is exquisite. So elegant and graceful she is sure to love it from cover to cover!!! Your colors are phenomenal and this card is just pure eye candy. Just exceptional!!! Thanks for joining us this week and giving us the opportunity to view your fabulous work. I'm so tickled you played the challenge.

    Bear Hugs
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Darlene this is gorgeous!!! I just love the softness of the colors and the image is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful entry for Practical scrappers! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Darlene!! I just love your color and dp combo and the floral image is so pretty!! Awesome take on the sketch!! Elegant creation!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darlene, your blog is looking fabulous....love the background! I'm still in the winter mode!!! LOL
    I just think your card this week is so pretty, your coloring is awesome and a definate springtime happy card. Just gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.