Sunday, January 10, 2010

Now That's A Lot of Hearts

Happy Sunday Afternoon Everyone!!



I thought I'd share with you the Bridal Shower Invitations I've been working on for my neighbor Christine. I made up several samples for her to review and on Friday, this is the one she finally decided on. I believe these are for a co-worker/friend who is having her Bridal shower Valentine's weekend so instead of going with the actual wedding colors, they decided they'd like to use a Valentine/Love theme for the shower.




There are 60 invitations total ... although I didn't lay them all out for this photo. I spent the better part of yesterday cutting, embossing & assembling these with the exception of the inside information, they are all done!! Christine hasn't supplied me with that information yet but once she does, I will type & print it on vellum. They will then be adhered on the inside panel with glue dots and hearts overlayed to hide the glue dots.

You know how we hate to WASTE anything ... here the seven little hearts that were punched out in the border were glued one-by-one onto the larger ivory heart. Four hundred and twenty (420) little hearts to be exact!! THAT'S A LOT OF LITTLE HEARTS!!! LOL!!

  • Recipe:
  • Stamps: Inkadinkado (wedding rings), Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps (you're invited)
  • Paper: Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Versafine Black
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart heart border punch, Cuttlebug textile embossing folder, Nestabilities classic heart die

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! I actually found time today to play a couple of challenges and will be back later to share those creations with you.

8 comments:

  1. WOWZER!!!! Amazing. Rather you than me though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job! I did something similar for my sister. I even did sewing on each one! I also made her matching THANK YOU's. It took so much work and all for nothing. I had so much invested in them I wanted them all back..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dar! These invitations are fabulous. Looks like a lot of work. I don't think I would have the patience to do all those little hearts. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They invitations are adorable. Each heart one by one? LOL... What were you thinking! What a lucky neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Mom! I can't believe your not cross-eyed by now. She is going to absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I would have gone way crazy before finishing all those hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - you have been a busy girl!!
    Forgive me, but what is a 'shower' over there - is it like a party?
    A shower over here is in the bathroom for cleaning yourself with! LOL
    Hope you get these finished soon hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh my, what an order!! And they turned out GORGEOUS Dar!! Seriously! I absolutely LOVE them! Great embossing (I love and have that same folder), love the heart border at the bottom and the ones within the big-heart too! I'm so happy for you that your neighbor wanted you to do this...it really is a compliment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.