Saturday, February 6, 2010

Too COLD to play in the cave ...

Happy Saturday Afternoon All!!!

After spending 3 hours this morning clearing my driveway of the 14" of snow & helping neighbors with theirs, I decided it was time to play.  So, I went down into the Crafting Cave to "play" and BRRRRR , it's toooooo cooooold !  So, until it warms up (heater is on now), I thought I'd share a couple creations with you that I worked on last evening! 
First off are the cards I made for the STAMP SIMPLY Challenge over on Sharon Johnson's blog - "OH BABY".  Yep, we are to make BABY creations and since I recently purchased these adorable BUTTON BEAR digis from WinkWinkInk, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.


Isn't this a sweet image!!!  I've had this babyfood designer paper for so long I couldn't even find a name on it ... sorry!!  I've used a Nestabilities Labels4 and added hearts/sentiment from a Fiskars stamp set.  Add a little touch of ribbon and it's ready to go!!   My second baby creation is another WinkWinkInk digi, the girl version of Button Bears.  Another cutie!!  My background paper on this card is from Pixie Press. I've done some paper piercing around the outer edge and added pretty little pink ribbons & pearls for that "feminine" touch.  What do you think??  Oh and before I forget, I took the idea from my friend Vicki Parsons (Stamped Smiles) and used REAL tiny buttons on the button joints of the bears.  She's so clever!!!  (Hey Vicki!)  You just have to check out the awesome creation she made with this digi,  you can see it HERE.

*************
Remember THIS creation I made for the challenge over on Paper Maniac???   Well, how THRILLED was I to receive an email that my card had won for their texture challenge.  WHOO HOO!  What's really cool is that I won my choice of Cuttlebug EF & Spellbinder Impressability ... here's what I picked!  Thanks Paper Maniac!!!   Mind you, I don't play the challenge with the hopes of winning something free ... I just truly enjoy the CHALLENGE! But it sure is fun when you are lucky enough to win something along the way!  Just had to share!! 

I also want to do a "shout out" of thanks to Lyneen!  I won her birthday giveaway last month and due to illness she was late in sending it.  Well, I received my package past week and oh my gosh, what awesome images!  Thanks so much Lyneen!   If you like vintage, PLEASE check out Lyneen's blog, I am ... Dreaming of Castles.

Okay, the CAVE should be warmed up by now so I'm going to go play before having to start dinner!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I wish you all a wonderful, safe weekend!!!  Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby button bears are so precious. That baby food paper is adorable and just perfect for that card. Love the sweet, pink baby blanket too! Your coloring is incredibe! Stay warm!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - love this bear and you colored it so wonderfully...

    conrgats on the prizes - looks like fun stuff.

    happy weekend.

    xo
    tina
    mommyscrapsalot

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet bears! Love the button joints and especially the background paper on the girl card. So soft! Congratulations on your new goodies! No doubt you'll put them to good use!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, these are just so sweet! I love these little images - just saw them the other day... and, I scrolled down to see what else you have. Your Valentine creations are so vintage and beautiful, how can I help but love them. Stay warm my friend....

    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Try using the diamond plate folder with aluminum foil! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWW!!! Dar, these are BOTH adorable creations hun!! I LOVE these bears!! Thanks for mentioning sweetie! :) You did a beautiful job with them and congrats to you on your winnings! I'm not surprised though as you are a clever crafter!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.