Wednesday, March 17, 2010

1st Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters

(If you are here for my Penny's Challenge creation, please scroll down. Thanks)
 
Happy St. Patrick's Day 

There's a new blog in town called: The Sisterhood of Crafter's and I happen to be one of the originating SISTERS!!!  How cool is that!  And, today is their very 1st Challenge ... here's the details:

Our 1st WEDNESDAY challenge is "Around The World".  With it being St. Patty's Day, I have chosen the country of IRELAND for today's challenge.  You can use "anything" that pertains to Ireland".  The colors of the Irish flag (green, white and orange), shamrocks, leprechauns, green beer ... well, you get the idea.  What comes to your mind when you hear the word IRELAND???

I have special reasons to celebrate when St. Patty's Day comes around.  First and foremost is the fact that my DH's mother is Irish ... with family names like McDermott and Gallagher.  The second reason is that my father was welcomed into Heaven on St. Patty's Day in 1989.  Two really good reasons to celebrate!!

I decided to make a set of coasters and matching card to send to my brother-in-law.  The images used are digis from Delicious Doodles ... aren't they just the cutest!  Please pop on over and check out Teri's digi images ... I'm sure you'll find something "you just can't live without!".    I have used the colors of the Irish flag for my card creation and the designer paper is Pixie Press.  Prisma pencils and gamsol were used for coloring and the embellishments came from JoAnn's.  

I purchased a huge stack of chipboard coasters from a friend over a year ago and finally found the right time to use a few of them.  After attaching the designer paper with Mod Podge, I inked the edges using SU garden green ink and a sponge.  The images were printed out, colored with Prisma pencils/gamsol as well as Prismacolor markers, cut out with a Fiskars swivel craft knife and attached with double face adhesive.  Another two coats of Mod Podge were sponge painted over the top to seal. 

For additional inspiration, please check out my SISTAH'S blogs which are linked in my sidebar!  They are AMAZING!!!

NOW it's your turn!  We can't wait to see what you create and would love to have you direct link it back here on Mr. Linky on the Sisterhood Blog.  If you are uploading your creation to other online galleries, please use the keyword/tag of TSOC01Please grab out badge and help spread the word!  Have fun!  That's what "The Sisterhood" is all about!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous job hun - with your coasters AND with your first write up for the Sisterhood!
    Yeay for the sistah's!!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job hun - with your coasters AND with your first write up for the Sisterhood!
    Yeay for the sistah's!!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes Darlene these are just sooooo fun!!!!! What awesome St Patty's Day creations girl!!! Hope you enjoy your day sweetie...It is supposed to be a nice one again!!!

    Happy St Patrick's Day
    Hugs
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all just so darn cute!!! Great job on this challenge.. Had fun with this one!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute coaster set Darelene! I love those images! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, your cards are absolutely adorable. Love the bright colors with the red. You totally rocked the launch of The Sisterhood!!!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Darlene. What a fun group and fun challenge. Just wanted to thank you for your prayers for my dad...I will keep your hubby in prayer, too. Blessings, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dar,
    I am so honored to be in this select and super talented sisterhood with you and ALL my sistahs! I love you ladies so much!

    I am crazy about your coasters!!! When I saw them, I went wild. I wish I would have had the time to have a big fun St. Patty's day party with my kiddos at school and made some. But with our time limited, no parties today. You certainly rocked it and have inspired me to make some fun coasters in the future!!!!
    hugs....
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your little bits for St. Patty's Day - you really out did yourself for the occasion!! Can always count on you for a smile and an awesome inspiring project!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These coasters are great. So bright and cheary!!! Congratulations on the luanch of The Sisterhood...you will all offer great inspiration I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, Darlene! And very good reasons for you to celebrate this day, I must say! Hope it was fun & very green!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there Darlene!! You are one busy blogger!! I wish!! I haven't had any time to be in my craft room... We are so busy at work.... Love you St. Patty's day cards... Hope all is well with you and Mark!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.