Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Midnight Madness & Crafty Secrets

Hello Again ...

Okay, so I took the EASY way out on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week!  I've caught a cold (thanks to the little neighbor girl) and I just couldn't wrap my brain around the more detailed version of the sketch!!    Have you been over to Priscilla's Blog lately??  WOW, she sure has a LOT OF EXCITEMENT going on right now!!!  I'm talking HUGE BLOG CANDY .... MIDNIGHT CRUISE ... okay, have I peeked your interest?? 

What do you think of this little cutie??  She's only one of the many vintage images shared over on the Art Creations Friday Blog.  I based my background paper color on the blue tones used on the photo matting.  This was easy since I used a two sided SU designer paper ... one side for the background and the flip side for the other two panels.  (told you the brain wasn't working much tonight!!)

You know I'm looking at this card while I'm typing up my blog post and I'm thinking, "hey, I have several old family photos like this ... I should scan them and use them for my creation" ... what better vintage images to use than those of the ones you love ... then I could send it to another family member!  Great idea, huh!!

The recipe for this card is pretty simple since it has no stamps or ink.  Besides the designer paper & image I mentioned above ... the only other embellishments are the Bazzill paper flowers & Offray satin flowers in the center.

* * * * * * * * * * *
 
The 2nd card I have to share with you this evening is for today's Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge over on Splitcoast Stamper.  Our hostess today is Pammyjo and she has asked us to "Stamp on Ribbon".    Have you ever tried this technique??  This was my first time so I wasn't sure on what ink to use ... I was afraid of it bleeding so I decided to use Stazon.  I did, however, see others used Versafine on satin ribbon and it worked okay.  Guess I'll have to try this one again!!
My background paper is by Remember When and I purchased it yesterday at JoAnn's (5 sheets for $1).  My stampset is Crafty Secrets "Happy Easter".  The ribbon is grosgrain from Michael's and I've used Nestabilities classic & scallop circle dies for the matting.  I got a little "carried away" with the purple Stickles but there was too much empty space and I just lost my mind for a moment!!!


This was a fun technique ... you really should give it a whirl!!  Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a peek!  Don't forget to stop back tomorrow for the DEBUT of THE SISTERHOOD!!!

11 comments:

  1. These are just fabberooni hun! Loving the colour combo's you have going on!
    I have used the more complicated sketch myself, you'll have to wait for that one though. . .
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Darlene - you choose the cutest images and they always look adorable with your beautiful touches! I love this DP and realised that I have some of it!! LOL! Your flowers are gorgeous as usual Darlene, you nailed the MMSC! I am so glad you played along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate your support and we love seeing your 'works of the heart!' See you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful! I always love your vintage cards, and what a great idea to use your family photos on your creations. You couldn't get more personal than that, and what better keepsake!! Thanks for always gracing us at the MMSC with your talent!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you used in your cards!! Wonderful take on the MMCSC - great job for someone who is not feeling well! Hope you're feeling better soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene! I love that vintage image! So darling! Your colors are so soft and pretty too! Beautiful take on the sketch this week!

    Sue
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful image, but your right, I have those pictures too and what a great idea to use them for family member cars! Your card is beautiful, love your color choices. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week for the MMSC.

    Sue
    MMSC March Guest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Darlene..you took my thoughts right out of my head...I was looking at this and thought..boy that looks so much like a REAL old photo.. I have thought about scanning old family photos too..Just have not gotten to it.. boy if we only had more hours in the day, think of all the fun craft projects we could do..LOL Your vintage card is very pretty.. you know I love vintage, so a fav of mine my friend..good luck with the launch :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. I hope you like the new thumbnail players entry system.

    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,Darlene!!This is such a stunning
    card!!I love the colors and the cute little vintage image!! Thanks for joining us for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, I love how the color of the framing on your vintage image matches the colors of the papers on your card. This is exquisite and delightfully compelling. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, your card this week for Midnight Madness is divine! Love the vinta! Great colors and flowers! What a beautiful take!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!
    Denise
    Midnight Madness DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, I love the colors of the card for MMSC...beautiful! I took the easy route too so don't feel bad!!! I hope your cold is better or at least that you are feeling better. Your vintage image is darling, she looks like she's a little bridesmaid doesn't she! I think the idea of scanning keepsakes from the family is fabulous and what a gift that would be to have a hand made card with a photo of yourself!
    I'm lovin this card this week!
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous my friend.
    Thanks for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.