Sunday, March 14, 2010

SHARING ...

Happy Sunday Everyone!
It's another rainy day here in NE Ohio but that's okay,
that means I can go to the crafting cave and create!

These past few days have been all about SHARING for me!  My friends Lana (Blest With Stamps) and Terri (Terri's Cards 'N More) came to play last Thursday and we had such a fun time and laughed so hard that some of us experienced bladder problem (not saying who ... LOL)!  Here is a card I made using a Penny Black image that Lana shared and Pixie Press Easter dp that Terri shared.  Please take a moment, stop by their blogs and share a little love ... they are both relatively new bloggers and I'm sure it will make their day!!
Another card I would like to share with you today is one I made to send my Irish Mother-in-Law.  Unfortunately Mother suffers from Alzeiheimer's and is in a home, but I know somewhere inside her mind she will realize what this card represents and smile!  At least I'm hoping so!!  Mother's parents were McDermott & Gallagher ... you can't get much more Irish than that!!!  I pray this card makes her Irish eyes smile!!!  This mail image is a FREEBIE from Crafty Secrets!  Isn't she adorable all dressed up for the parade!!  You can get your image HERE.  Be sure to check out all the new, beautiful products available through Crafty Secrets.  They have been really busy designing new products and creating amazing projects to share with you!!


For the past week or so I have been SHARING with you several different Easter Easel cards I have been making for MY Mother to give her sisters/brother for Easter.  My mother came from a family of 9 girls & 3 boys.  She is next to the youngest and is 80 years old.  She is blessed to still have 3 sisters & 1 brother remaining and even though they are all "getting up there", they still get together once a week and play cards.  Usually poker I think ... and yes, they play for money!!  Only nickles & dimes now ... but it helps keep their minds sharp ... and sharp they are!!!!!  This is the last easel card I need to make for her and I kept it simple ... thinking she might want to use it for my Uncle ... not too much foo foo on this one!
LASTLY I would like to share with you the simple fact of how important FAMILY is!  We only have one daughter (Carolyn) who is married to a great guy (Frank) and two grandkids (Morgan -soon to be 18) and Jonathan (13 in Sept.).  They live an hour away and with their busy lives we don't get to see them as often as we once did!    I decided to go out on a limb and ask them over for dinner last evening and luckily they had the evening open and accepted the invitation.  YIPPEE!!  I scurried around deciding what was for dinner, and decided on  Fresh Fruit, Mozzarella filled Chicken roll ups, Hash Brown Casserole and Cherry Upside-down cake for dessert.

I forgot to take any photos ... I was having such a good time just visiting and talking!  Morgan graduates from High School in May so we were discussing her Graduation Party and making the invitation for this event.  Before I knew it, it was time for them to leave and after quickly making up a "goodie bag" for them to take home, they were on their way!

Why is it that time goes by so quickly ... especially when you are with the ones you love???   So, on an ending note ... reach out and give a big hug to those around you ... let them know how much you love them ... because time sure is flying by!!!

Please know I am sending a big HUG out to all of you!  You have become my cyber family and I truly care about each of you!  I have made so many wonderful, loving friends through my blog ... you'll never know how much it mean to me  ... knowing you are here if I need you!   Enjoy the rest of your weekend !  HUGS to YA!!

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! Dar, you are really on a roll girl!! I love ALL of these so fun and Spring-like for sure!! :) Thanks for sharing them all!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sweetie you have been one busy lady, these spring creations are fabulous!!! Great cards hun!!! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you get to go to the crafting cave! That means I have plenty of eye candy! And, sweet friend, you have provided it today. I adore you bunny card, the irish card is gorgeous and I think your easel cards are just stunning!

    You are so correct about letting our loved ones know we love them. I've had the little kids all weekend and just enjoyed them! I'm so far behind on house work, blogs and school work, but WE had so much fun together!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and it's so encouraging to see how you use them!! So glad you had time with your family : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had such a great time with your family, Darlene--it IS precious!

    Love the cards you're making for your Mother--that's so good of you to do it for her--I'm sure she really appreciates it!

    Hope you're having a beautiful, springy day!

    Thanks for the email the other day--was so nice of you! I'm not lost! Just lots of family stuff to do recently! Had a busy week & a busier weekend--not as much cardmaking time as I wished for! Today my youngest is sick, so we're taking it a bit easy today...

    Hope you're doing great! I'll talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go with your bad self LOL busy, busy, busy!! Love all of your darling projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.