Sunday, May 2, 2010

INSPIRED by friends ...

Happy Sunday Everyone!!

The end of last week, while commenting on various blogs I follow via Google Reader, I came across this beautiful CAS creation by my UK friend Joanne (Ambrosia and Iron).  Isn't it gorgeous!!!

So with this beauty in mind, I decided today to give it a try and I'm very happy with how it came together.  I have a difficult time NOT adding layers & layers and flowers/bling but I think I did okay!

I have a friend (Mary Frances) in the hospital and want to try and get a card to her every few days with hopes of keeping her spirits up and something to look forward to.  Just a few weeks ago she was diagnosed with Leukemia and at this point in time is having difficulty with the chemo and it's side affects.  If you have an extra card and would like to send her an RAK ... please let me know ... she would be thrilled and I would be so appreciative!!!

Anyways, this card is going in the mail tomorrow and I certainly hope it brings a smile to her face.  What do you think??

I made this from memory and now that I see Joanne's, I guess I should have made my circle a size larger.  Oh well ... guess I'll have to make another one ... shucks!!  LOL!!  Of course I did modify it a bit (to make it my own) by adding the organza ribbon in between the score lines and added a sentiment.


Recipe for this card:
Stamps: Inkadinkado, Penny Black, Stampabilities, Rubber Stampede, Verses Rubber Stamps (inside)
Papers:  Whisper White, Teal cs
Inks:  Summer Sun, More Mustard, Versafine Black
Accessories:  Spica Glitter pen, Sponge pods, Nestabilities classic circle, Scor-Pal, Hobby Lobby organza ribbon, EK Success Flower & Flourish border punch

I LOVE being inspired by other stampers ... and that brings me to what I did yesterday!  My good friend Lana (Blest With Stamps) and a few other stamping friends got together at Lana's house and had a Craft/Stamp Garage Sale.  I was amazed with the turnout we had ... met some NEW friends and just had a wonderful day!   THANKS LADIES!!


I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend and thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  OH ... don't forget to stop back tomorrow for all the info on this months *Wink *Wink Ink CHALLENGE.  Going to be a LOT OF FUN ... you don't want to miss it!!!

10 comments:

  1. WOW, your card is fantastic. I like how you added the ribbon to the bottom, it gives it truely completes the look.

    I am certain your friend will love the card and knowing that you are tinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne IS inspiring, isn't she?! Love the card you made for your friend--just beautiful, Darlene!

    Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne IS inspiring, isn't she?! Love the card you made for your friend--just beautiful, Darlene!

    Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene this is a BEAUTY!!!!! Gorgeous work sweetie!!

    Hope you enjoyed your weekend..UGH I can't believe how sticky and muggy it has been...yikes...Have a great night sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene it is GORGEOUS!!! I love it. I have a hard time with clean and simple as well. You did a wonderful job with this style! I hope you are doing well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene it is GORGEOUS!!! I love it. I have a hard time with clean and simple as well. You did a wonderful job with this style! I hope you are doing well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a gorgeous card!! I love how you finished the inside and added the butterfly.
    I would love to send a card to your friend. I know your card will brighten her spirits! You are a good friend to stand by her at such a difficult time.
    Please e-mail me her addy, and I will get a card right out to her.
    *smiles*
    debbi

    hockman1 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's just gorgeous hun! She will love it to bits.
    Hope she sees some improvement soon.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the heads up! You did a great job making it your own, love the way you finished the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to send her a card - I found you thru Debbi's blog! Email me her address: Kimba962@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.