After yesterday's sales ... I realize I need more GUY CARDS so took a little time today to play with SPONGING and STAMPSCAPES rubber stamps. Here are the four cards I've come up with. Feel free to CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE.
(TWO Stampscape stamps were used to create this scene)
(FOUR Stampscape stamps were used on this scene)
If you would like information on either the items used on these cards ... or the technique ... just leave me a comment at the end of this post and I will be sure to answer your questions and even do a tutorial if you'd like.
(Full Card - THREE different Stampscapes stamps were used here)
(Close Up showing how I've colored the cabin with Prisma Pencils and
used a white Signo pen to create the smoke coming out of the chimney)
(Full card - SEVEN Stampscape stamps were used on this creation.)
(Close up - didn't color the cabin but did add an
evening moon in the sky and reflection on the water)
I just LOVE making these scenery cards for the guys ... they always seem to be impressed with them. Any time I use one for a friend or family member, I always hear ... "How'd you do that?" I never let them know just how easy it is ... I make them think I spent a LONG TIME creating JUST FOR THEM!!! LOL!
A quick overview of the technique:
1. Sponge the background first ... using post-it notes (some straight ... some torn for affect).
2. Sponge your lightest color first ... then a shade darker ... and a final shade darker (sky)
3. Create your scene using the Stampscape Stamps.
4. Color in the cabin (or not ... your choice).
5. Moon can be created first by using a circle punched from Eclipse masking ... or afterwards by using a round sponge pod stamped in yellow/gold ink
6. Use partial stamps on the front corners to create dimension (looks cool huh!)
Thanks so much for taking a peek at my creations today ... hope you like them! Next to lots of layers, lace & vintage images ... this is my favorite style of cards to create. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!!