Saturday, October 8, 2011

A CHALLENGE BETWEEN FRIENDS

A short while back my friend Lana ... Blest With Stamps and I spent a day crafting then decided to go to lunch and stop by the local Goodwill store.  Lana has an awesome knack of turning Goodwill (low cost) items into AMAZING works of art.  Yep ... she's certainly the Queen of Trash to Treasure!

Anyways on with my story and the purpose of this posting.  While looking through all the different glass, wood & metal wares on the shelves, Lana came across TWO clocks of the same style and that is when we decided to CHALLENGE each other with altering the clocks but not let each other know what our creative thoughts were until this week.


This past Monday, Lana & I decided to link up at Archiver's (One Day Only 43% off designer paper sale) and that is when we excitedly shared our 'altered creations' and WOW how DIFFERENT the SAME item can be!

First I will show you how I decided to alter this clock.  I used last years Graphic45 Christmas designer paper, a little fancy cutting and some Stickles.

(Clock Closed)


(Clock Open)



Now prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor!  
Here's Lana's creation!

 (Clock Closed)


(Clock Open)

Isn't this gorgeous!!  Remember, you can click on any image to enlarge for a closer look.  And for more details on Lana's creation, pop on over to her BLOG.  And ... be watching for our NEXT project ... yep!  there's another Creative Alteration in the works.  We haven't decided if we are going to have our challenge date before or after the holidays.  Busy time of the year ya know!  BUT ... I'll be sure to keep you posted on when our next FRIENDLY CHALLENGE will be shared.

Other challenges:
Hookedoncraft Challenge - Anything but a Card
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Woodware USA - Anything Goes


You should give this a try with a crafting friend of your own ... this was amazing fun and inspiration!!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope we have inspired you today.

Hugs,
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, Darlene you two are terrific. I LOVE both of these. You are so right, what completely different looks! I am partial to Father Christmas and love the vintage look of this beauty and the way you set the clock to just after midnight. What a beautiful shabby chic creation Lana has. Love that she repurposed the clock space!
    Thanks for sharing with us!! Love to see your next adventure!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love what both of you have done with your creations. Different styles but both beautiful. That's what is so great about good friends. My bestie and I are the same way. Just gorgeous ladies, can't wait to see the next project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene,
    My friend what FUN this was!!!I am so excited that we got them done and finally on our blogs to inspire others to have fun and reuse things people would otherwise not look twice at or even throw away. I love your creation and wish I had done Christmas LOL LOL Your creativity of setting the clock at midnight for Santa's visit was really cool!!! Of course I love your Vintage design you are the best my friend!!! Okay lets see now what am I gona do with the next treasure challenge with you and what are YOU gona do with it LOL LOL can't wait to see !!!! Thanks again this was waaaaay tooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow these are amazing .. and how wonderful to craft with a friend and inspire each other
    Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are works of ART .stunning projects .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.

    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Darlene. You have completely blown me away with your project. Both you and Lana are incredibly talented. thank you for joining us at Hooked on craft
    Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your Christmas clock looks absolutely amazing! Awesome project.
    Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.