Saturday, June 9, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge #21

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Finally last evening I took a little crafting time and created a card for this week's challenge at Joan's Gardens.  Joan & Selma ALWAYS come up with the best challenges and Selma's samples are FABULOUS!  If you've never joined in on this challenge, you'll want to be sure to check it out!!!

Here's what we're creating with this week . . .
Use pink and white
Use an Embossing Folder
Use a die for an opening on the front of the card. 
Use leaves as accents

And, here is my creation . . .
It's so much fun doing the challenges over at Joan's because they have me doing techniques I had totally forgotten about ... like doing the opening on the front of my card with the sentiment on the inside!  It's probably been close to 2 years since I've made a card like this!  THANKS LADIES!!!

Here's what I used on today's creation:
Paper:  White & Rose Pink cardstock
Stamp:  JustRite (sorry don't have the name on this one)
Inks:  Versafine Black, Momento Angel Pink, Momento Canteloupe
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Build a Flower #1' - B181, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish Small' - B117S, Martha Stewart 'Frond' punch, McGill Flower Making Kit, McGill black mat, Spellbinder classic ovals, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Mauve Stickles, Kaiser Pearls

Items highlighted in RED were purchased at Joan's Gardens.

I thought you might like to see a close up of the flower I made.  After die cutting the petals, I sponged them with the Momento Angel Pink die then proceeded to condition them with my white tool and black mat. You can see fabulous instruction on doing this over at Selma's Blog.  I was fortunate enough to be at the workshop a few years ago at Joan's Gardens when Selma taught us her technique on making these fabulous flower!

Here are a few qualifying challenges:
Card Crafter's Circle #26 - Monochromatic
 Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Swirls & Flourishes
Inspire Me Friday #62 - Anything Goes
 Polka Doodles #23 - Flowers
4 Crafty Chicks #9 - Monochromatic
CropStop #75 - Monochromatic
DL.ART - Anything Goes
My Heart Pieces - Flowers

Well I guess that's it for me today!  Not sure what's in store for us here at the Pavlick house today!  Since Mark retired last week, we've been getting a few things done around the house before planning any traveling adventures.  Hope you have a fabulous weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Darlene

28 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Darlene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! This is stunning Darlene. I love the design with that beautiful embossing and fabulous flower

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun to challenge you and wow - what a great job you did with the challenge. Your die cut opening is so pretty and I am so excited to see that beautiful flower created with the Build A Flower dies. Gorgeous card Darlene. Thanks for joining us in our challenge again this week at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this beautiful creation.. Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a bit of creativity on the side.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, Your card is beautiful...Your flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful and elegantI just love the sentiment, so true and you did such a great job with the colors.
    Thank you so much for joining in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally stunning card. I so like everything about it. Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bee-U-Tee-Ful!!!! Love that flower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - I need to make a goodbye card for my friend who is moving this year. Very nice card ! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card hun & thank you for your sweet comment on one of my challenge cards recently...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow Hun,this is just so so beautiful,your detail is just incredible,just love the layout and design and adore that beautiful flower hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the beautiful saying - very touching to the heart. Very beautiful card especially the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, this card is so precious! Your eye for detail is gorgeous and love the colours:)
    Thankyou so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Challenges:)
    Good Luck!
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene really pretty this one. I love white pink combination and its looks great here with your gorgoeus flower.Thank You so muh for participating at My Heart Pieces hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning Darlene, your flower looks real.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I love the window cards. how adorable is this

    We would like to thank you for Entering My Heart Challenge.
    Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for My Heart Pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! How'd I miss commenting on this one?! It's fabulous! What a gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Heart Pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply elegant! The sentiment is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully done. Wonderful Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful flower and card - the colors are just amazing. I almost forgot about Joan's Gardens - I love their stuff and their ideas! Your entry is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Darlene,
    Thanks for playing in our Monochromatic challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle. I really like how you added layers of these wonderful die cuts.Very elegant and sincere card.
    Hugs
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
    Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty! Many thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces for the Flower challenge! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely Gorgeous Darlene! You really rocked this - your flower is outstanding and love the flourish!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our CropStop Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing at My Heart Pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO Lovely!!! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.