Sunday, June 17, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Happy Sunday All!

I've been enjoying some quiet time in my 'cave' and would like to share with you what I've been up to!

This week at Joan's Gardens the challenge is a simple one . . .

CREATE A CHILD'S CARD

Well I did one the other day (which I showcased in my gallery over on SCS but will share with you here today) and decided to do yet another card for the challenge!

Here's my 1st card ...
And here is the card I made today ...

I'm just LOVIN' creating these tri-shutter cards and since I'd like to have a variety of them for my craftshow in the fall, I figure there's no time like the present to get started!!

If you need the directions for making one of these tri-shutter style cards, just let me know and I'll work up a little tutorial for you.
* * * * * * * * * *
Another creation I'd like to share with you started out as ONE creation but turned into ANOTHER ...  Have you ever had that happen??
It's really a pretty SIMPLE creation.
Items used are:
White cardstock, Sizzix embossing folder, Kaiser black pearls, black satin ribbon, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, K&Co. adhesive chipboard 3d butterfly
A few qualifying challenges:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Nature
Card Caravan Challenge #21 - Clean and Simple
Card Crafter's Circle - Feeling Sentimental
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Embossing
Creative Belli - Sentiment Only
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
 Stampavie and more - Things with Wings
Stampin' Royalty - Clean and Simple


Well that's it for me ...
Guess I'd better go see what hubby's up to (probably napping!  been quiet upstairs! LOL)
Have a fabulous day/evening!
HUGS
Darlene

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Darlene. I love the colour children's cards and the other card with the gorgeous butterfly is stunning
    All the best
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear friend, I did see the first one, but this Tri-shutter card is fabulous, its going to make some child very happy indeed. I also like the white card, isn't there always something demure about white.?. Here in Scotland, its been football nearly all day & night at the moment, but I'm enjoying some me time. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow my lovely lady you done brilliantly hunnie loving the pop up card thats just so cute and the happy mistake well its so beautifull simply elegantttt they are all stunning ive done that sometimes too my happy mistkes a truly ..wonderfl collecion of glorious cards...lovesassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dar,

    Yes, I have had a card start out one way and end up another...all the time! lol

    You are amazing,the way you finish so many beautiful cards...you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful cards, I love the embossing on the last one
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Darlene. Love the bright colors.

    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are adorable. Love each one and the middle one was very detailed and beautiful for a Winnie the Poo kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Darlene the first two so vibrant the third is such a contrast very clean and simple.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene,
    Thanks for playing in our Sentiment challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle. I really like how you used embossing and this georgous back satin ribbon on your layering!! Great choice of contrasting colours and very elegant card, love your butterfly!!!!
    Hugs
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
    Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very lovely collection of cards.Looks fabby all of them. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this weeka and good luck with the challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous cards and love that embossing - looks so elegant!
    thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each of your cardis a masterpiece Darlene. What a range of styles you have! Hope all is well. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and thanks for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creations Darlene. Congrats on winning Joan's challenge. Your Winnie the Pooh tri-shutter card is adorable. I love the butterfly card you made. That ef is so pretty and your butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just joined your Blog and thoroughly enjoy your cards! Would like to learn how to do the tri-fold.
    fpete@san.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your win! This is absolutely gorgeous, the colors are so dynamic and I just love your image! WTG!!!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining in with our nature challenge at FSC and sharing your lovely creation.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your cards and would really like to have the instructions for the tro fold card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.