Monday, June 11, 2012

Using Up Scraps

Happy Monday Everyone!

I don't have any DT creations to share today, however, I was doing a little 'clean up' in my cave yesterday and decided to put some of the 'scraps' I had laying around to better use.  So I do have two creations to share ... hope you like them.

 The image on this first card was PART of a 'scene' I created for an altering project I was working on but then decided to 'switch gears' and went a similar but different direction with that project. 
It was a much larger scene but I decided to cut it down and use it on an A-6 card.
I created this scene using TH distress inks, Eclipse masking, sponge applicators and the Stampscapes Lighthouse stamp (220G).  The lighthouse has been stamped twice, cut out and popped up with pop dots.

Ooops forgot to tell you that the "Heaven Seems a little closer" sentiment is a rubber stamp by StampingSensations.com and the background sky was created using the Ala Art 'sky' rubber stamp.


My 'SCRAP' piece on this second card is the focus circle image.  It comes from the Our Daily Bread stamp set called 'The Mighty Sea' and after coloring with markers & chalk, I cut it down using Spellbinder classic circle dies.  The border punch is Martha Stewart ... as are the birds.

In the hopes of sharing these creations with a few challenges, I popped on over to Feline Playful to take a look around.  Here are the challenges I found that these creations qualify for . . .
 Craft a Scene - Beach Scene - A Bit of Sand & Water
Great Impressions #4 - Die Cuts & Punches
 Pile It On #24 - Let's Get Outdoors
EmergencyCrafters - Things With Wings
Raise The Bar - Hello Summer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I really appreciate you taking the time to pop in and tell me your thoughts!  Here's wishing you all a FABULOUS week ahead!!
HUGS,
Darlene

14 comments:

  1. oh wow Hun these are just amazing,the scenes,you have created are truly stunning especially love that lighthouse,amazing hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the beach scenes are wonderful, Darlene. I especially like the Heaven sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Craft a Scene this month. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this image, such a stunning scene in such a small stamp! The lighthouse I really love,nice too see this in the Craft a Scene challenge. Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards! My scraps sure don't look like yours, wow! The second card is my favourite, if I had to make a choice! THey are both lovely! Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these card are stand outs - just loved looking through the circle at the scene which was so realistic. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Darlene, the colouring is a real 'wow!' Thanks for joining us at Emergency Crafter this time, Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heaven does seem a little closer in a place by the water! Life seems a little calmer too - when I look at water, the stress seems to melt away (note to self -get to the water soon - LOL). Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic scenic card. Great for the challenge. Thanks for joining us for this fortnight Corrosive Challenge. Please join us again soon. xxx Rachelle CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, gorgeous cards and colors are stunning. Love the Heaven sentiment:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that sentiment...grew up near the ocean as a kid and have hardly been near it since I started a family... Lovely card!

    Thanks for joining us in the monthly challenge at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are both lovely! The red lighthouse looks so great and I love the sentiment on the first card. The sea looks fabulous on the second card and the birds and punched border add such nice touches. Thank you for playing along at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! Love the sentiment on the first one! So true as we're in the process of moving from Alberta back to Newfoundland. Nothing's better than living next to the water!!! (surrounded by water actually Newfoundland is!!) Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great creations. I really love the light beam from the lighthouse. Thanks for sharing with the Great Impressions Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.