Saturday, November 23, 2013

Touched by Inspiration . . .

Happy Weekend my friends!
WOW can you believe it's the last weekend before Thanksgiving?
Where is the time going?

Well ... I know where my time is going ... working on more goodies for my final
craft show for 2013.  I'm THRILLED to be 'sold out' of so much stuff
but also worried that I won't get enough completed for next weekends show!  
I know ... it will all come together ... it always does!

Today I want to share with you what I was working on last evening while taking a break from the Hershey nugget boxes, Hershey bar pouches and gift card holders.  I decided to sit down and do some much needed commenting for The Sisterhood of Crafter's 'embossing' challenge and came upon THIS beautiful card by Benzi Stamps.  I have admired her work for many years over on SCS and just had to ask if she minded if I cased this card since I was in dire need of sympathy cards for an order as well as for the upcoming show.

I actually made six cards using Benzi's inspiration ...


Three use the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder and three use the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder.  All were created using an older Stampin' Up set called 'Thoughts & Prayers'.


The inside sentiment is the same on all the cards.
The three crosses is a DR Designs stamp (one of my favorite) and the sentiment is by My Sentiments Exactly (H166).  The crosses were stamped using Stampin' Up River Rock ink.
 

I can't thank Benzi enough for her inspiration.  
These came together SO quickly and the design is exactly what I was looking for.

Here are a few other challenges to share in:
Little Miss Muffet Challenge - White in the Night
Try It On Tuesday - White on White
Sister Act Challenge #34 - Anything Goes

Okay ... back to work!
But before I go ... here's a peek at what's been keeping me so busy ...
It's going to be a small (50 vendors) show so hopefully this will be enough along with my cards, tissue box covers, travel tissue boxes, gift cards and whatever else I can come up with between now and next Saturday!  LOL!  (I do have more boxes & pouches cut & ready to fill ... if time permits.)

Have a great day/weekend and THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by!
As always . . .
 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Darlene. I love the simplicity of this card. Great job. Good luck on your show too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! These are the perfect sympathy card design. They still sell that SU stamp set, by the way, and it is such a versatile set. I know you must be tired of mass producing. Wish I could ship you all the things I made for my craft show...we never made it there....instead we were in the ICU. So, I guess I'm ahead for the next show, right? Best of luck to you, Dar! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sympathy cards a lovely!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant and beautiful....LOVE the finished insides as well....good luck with the show I know you have worked hard for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene, I just got home from a college football game (Alabama) and found your comment on my card. Your cards are just beautiful and I would think they will be great for your craft show as we all need sympathy cards.
    I LOVE your card with the crosses, also. It'sbeautiful. Good luck with the craft show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Dar those sympathy cards are gorgeous! I love that design! I may have to scrap lift that since I have that stamp. Curious on how you do your nugget boxes? What did you find was your best sellers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black and white theme always so elegant, the ribbon works perfect with the stitching look, beautiful stamp flower, not my favorite cards to make. Hope all went well for the craft show.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely set of cards. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful set of sympathy cards, Darlene. Wishing you much success with your final show of the season! Thanks for joining us this week at Sister Act Card Challenges! Sheena B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH wow such beautiful cards!!!! I am in LOVE with that inside sentiment and crosses!!!!! WOW...totally love them where can I get them???
    And I hope you have a beautiful and blessed Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Shop 3 Twenty Crafts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow simple but wonderfull card, love much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! *claps*
    Thank you for joining in with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene your cards are so pretty and very elegant. Love the nugget boxes, too. Hope you show went well! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet for our All White in the Night challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.