Sunday, March 9, 2014

Gate Fold in Purple ...

Happy Sunday Morning Friends!
We have family visiting from Pittsburgh but while they are still asleep this morning I thought I'd share a card with you that I created yesterday while playing with some of the images I recently won over on The Outlawz from Rick St. Dennis.  This images is called '1960 Couture Hat'.

 Anyone who knows me knows I love PURPLE!  Any shade of it!
So, of course I just had to color one of these lovely ladies in this regal color! 
A pretty quick and easy design.  My design paper is Paper Pizazz and I just love the wispy pattern.
 
 A touch of Crystal Effects was added to the gems on her hat and her broach.
And of course a little sponging of TH Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges to give her a more vintage look.  I have had the regal gold satin ribbon in my stash for a very long time and thought it worked perfectly with the gold broach and deep purple.
 
I don't know why I forget to make gate fold cards!  They are so eye appealing and always get attention at my craft shows.  So, today I finally 'thought about it' when cutting/scoring my base card.

A few challenges:
DL.ART #127 - Image of a girl or lady
Crafters Companion - Monochromatic
Just B Creative Crazy - Anything Goes
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes Twist: my favorite color

Thanks for stopping by!
I hear footsteps upstairs!  Seems our house guests are awake!
I'd better get moving!

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Grape purple cs, Lavender cs, Paper Pizazz dp
Image:  Rick St. Dennis
Inks:  Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
Accessories:  SU circle punch, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, crystal effects, gems, gold satin ribbon, Spellbinder circle/scallop circle dies

15 comments:

  1. This is just superb. So elegant!
    Hugs from Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another "masterpiece"...LOVE the purple and the gate fold.....so fun to see it used, as I too have forgotten about it!! A beauty my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, I am loving these ladies. I guess I will have to go check them out. Your coloring is just awesome, very nice work. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your guests.
    Mindy

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic coloring and a very elegant design. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love your coloring and that image is awesome! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty folded card and I love your coloring!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That image is amazing! The coloring is first rate! You know I am your newest fan, right?! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so royally vintage! Love the gold and purple and your beautifully colored image! Thanks for joining us and sharing your style at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring, Dar! Love this gatefold card and gorgeous color palette! Thanks for playing along in Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #3: Vintage or Retro!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the rich purples and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at CHACB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love how you colored in the image!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, love the shades of purple you used. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! Love the image and the color combo is WOW! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #127 girl or lady image challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.