Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sisterhood - Sentimental Journey

Hello Friends!

Today we are on a SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY over at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  
That simply means using a SENTIMENT as the focus of your card/project.


For my first card I decided to work on some cards with ATTITUDE!  Awhile back,  I won an entire sheet of sentiment stamps over on Repeat Impressions.  This sheet is called 'Funny Bones Series 2'.  You will be seeing more 'attitude' cards to come!  Just saying . . .

And, for my second card I went a little more soft & subtle!  By using one of the sentiment panels from the Graphic45 'The Secret Garden' paper pack, making a flower and adding some ribbon.


If you read the verse, I'm sure like myself, you have had times when you wish there was a Secret Garden where you just close yourself in and be one with nature ... if just for a little while!
I added the Spare Parts key to mimic the one on the sentiment panel.


Why not take that SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY and come join our challenge!
Thanks for stopping by today!


8 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, Dar! Love the sentiment on the first one. Made me chuckle! I don't know how you do all that you do! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Kathy, I often wonder how you find time to do all you do. I'm afraid my creativity takes a little longer...getting older and everything slows down I'm sorry to say. Love both your cards but really love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first card, just cracks me up.....and the second one is gorgeous......wonderful creations as always my friend..."The Sisterhood is extremely lucky to have you...!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar, beautiful. Both cards......I love how you have such a knack with the papers and that 2nd card.... love how you added the blue ribbon with the key. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are absolutely gorgeous. That first one is absolutely hysterical!!! Made me chuckle since that is something that would happen to me. It tooks me off guard because the card is gorgeous so I figured I would see a mushy sentiment. Love it that it was completely something different.
    And for the second one....omg I am in LOVE, LOVE, Love with that one. It is simply charming and stunningly beautiful. Very well done my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all -yes that would be a very bad day. Secondly - Both of these cards are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Darlene! I love them both...the second is my fave though! I'm so very happy to be your Step Sister this month & thanks for having me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two smiling cards - first one just made me smile and shake my head and the second one just is sweet and precious! Love the key : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene